According to the GA DOT website:

The following vehicles may use HOV Lanes:

Vehicles with two or more (living and not pre-infant) persons.

Emergency Vehicles (Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical) re a

Motorcycles

Buses

Alternative Fuel vehicles properly licensed with an AF license plate

No mention on them being restricted or allowed.

I will say to watch the signs and be aware of the rules of the road for the area you are in. Every state and county are different and will affect weather youre allowed to use them or not. For example, some have weight restrictions, some have axel restrictions (no more than 6 wheels), some allow them only during certain times, while others state they are allowed at all times without any restrictions (Whashington State if interested). California for example limits trailers to 55 on the freeways but HOV lanes are not restricted, so trailers are not allowed in HOV lanes, but MHs are. Its enough to make your head spin.

Just remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse so if you try it and get caught, you may end up with a hefty fine.  :D

Motorcycles

Buses

I will say to watch the signs and be aware of the rules of the road for the area you are in. Every state and county are different and will affect weather youre allowed to use them or not. For example, some have weight restrictions, some have axel restrictions (no more than 6 wheels), some allow them only during certain times, while others state they are allowed at all times without any restrictions (Whashington State if interested). California for example limits trailers to 55 on the freeways but HOV lanes are not restricted, so trailers are not allowed in HOV lanes, but MHs are. Its enough to make your head spin.

Just remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse so if you try it and get caught, you may end up with a hefty fine.  :D

This really ticks me off. I was just fixing to go to the morgue and get a dead person to put in the passenger seat. This obviously changes it all.

I've used the HOV numerous times  in Atlanta with the MH towing the car and have passed by numerous officers running radar and they have never said anything.  We have also seen others doing the same as well as landscapers etc with trailers.  It says 2 or more people and no trucks nothing about no trailers.

This really ticks me off. I was just fixing to go to the morgue and get a dead person to put in the passenger seat. This obviously changes it all.

The sad part is that, if they didn't put that language in, some schmuck would most certainly have done just that.

Motorcycles

Buses

Just remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse so if you try it and get caught, you may end up with a hefty fine.  :rofl2:

Dead people make great passengers on a road trip (as long as they were strangers) they dont care when you stop, they always agree with your resteraunt choice and they never complain about your driving.

In FL, the only HOV lanes are only located in Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties. 

ILEV (inherently low emission vehicles) and HEV (hybrid energy vehicles) may operate in the lane without having the 2or more required people, but you must register to have a sticker to be in the lane. 

Here is the link to the Federal Laws PDF on HOV lanes.

http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/fhwahop09029/fhwahop09029.pdf

Btw, and I didn't know this until I looked it up, motorcycles are considered ILEV vehicles.

I always assumed towing wasn't allowed in the HOV lane, but if it is legal it would be the shizz.

The sad part is that you are more than likely right :rofl2:

When DW was going to lamaze classes for DD the Nurse/Instructor told us that dads were welcome to spend the night with DW but to bring sleeping clothes or to please seep in your street clothes. No sleeping in the nude :rofl2:

Thats when the Jeff Foxworthy in me came out and I ask "Is this realy a problem" to which the nurse told us that they had walked in several times on someone sprawled out naked in the recliner with the blankets on the floor. :rofl2:

That was 22 years ago and will stick with me until I die