Spring Break Week at Crystal River

Looks like fun was had by all, camping-fishing-swimming-burnt burgers thats what I call FUN!  :rofl2:

Hey does the thermacell device not work on yellow flies?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We decided to take some more pics before we headed out... as I had this in the crockpot DS had asked me to make beef brisket for him on the camping trip I also had to go and mail this... all the

Great report. We love Homasassa, and try to get up there a few times a year, as we are only about an hour away.

Enjoying the photos.

I still have to finish it. Life has gotten in the way this week. :blink:

Day 8

Well, you would have thought I would have noticed this one earlier, but it took me eight days to figure out that Chris tried to take the gas pumps with him on the way up to Crystal River. I was not pleased because he has no clue how to "buff that out." :argh: Since we are seriously considering painting the RV this summer and not paying someone to do it (like we have that type of money) I was not a happy woman about taking this big ass dent out of the door.

IMG_0167.jpg

I needed to go and take a walk to cool off my temper (since I was the only one up) and got this nice shot of the lake with the steam coming off the water. I was waiting for Bitchie, who said he was getting up early. His version of early and my version are two entirely different things.... :rofl2:

IMG_0400-1.jpg

It wasn't long before the son was up and wanted to go fishing. Since the crowd was in for the weekend, there was no shortage of boys to fish with. I ended up being the "fix the pole because a boy broke it" person for the next two hours.

IMG_0399-1.jpg

IMG_0401-1.jpg

Very soon after, Total Joker and Harley_Quinn showed up along with Donnie and his now dumped girlfriend. Lorna and Bitchie finally decided to roll outta bed as well and we all got to shoot the breeze for a little while. We didn't know that Steph (stefa70) was talking to Donnie on the phone and Donnie had pulled a fast one on her and she had pulled her boat out of the water believing his BS! :blink: (see Steph's day trip report)

IMG_0402-1.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Once Stephanie realized that Donnie had duped her into taking her boat back out of the water, she came over and we had her basically go run Donnie over while he was putting in his skis. I though it only fair. :rofl2: She has a bigger boat! We waited until last because I knew that my skis had been dormant for a while and I had only gotten them started the day before and changed the plugs out on one ski. Well, as usual, things always go awry when Donnie and the Majors are together. My ski never made it out of neutral because the choke got stuck and Chris's choke line on his ski is broken so me telling him how to manually choke the engine is like him telling yall how to code this website. Child Please! So, we end up in the weeds and I am cursing him up a storm because he pulls every lever BUT the freakin choke on the engine. This is all the while floating in the middle of the freakin canal. Stephanie is laughing her boobs off and Donnie is barking at me, "Jen, I forgot my rope! Jen, I forgot my lifejackets! Don't you have any spares? Yeah, like I want to deal with Donnie while I am in the freakin weeds. Geesh. However, I did get everyone started and down the canal to the river, except me stuck in idle. They all took off and left my flat ass. I finally get Matt to go and run it for a minute once I get the choke back in because I actually got overheated (yes me, overheated) in my spring suit because I forgot to jump in the water. I got the dumb blonde award that day for sure.

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

After much trial and tribulations, we all finally got out to the shallows, as they call it, which is a small island where peeps hang out. It has a natural spring around back that you can go to and the cool thing is that you can dock your boats there and just hang out and talk. When you are walking around you can also feel some of the vents from the spring as well. Stephanie and I started talking and never really stopped. For two people who had never met each other in person before, it was very weird how much it just felt like home talking to her, like we were the best of friends and had talked on the phone that morning or something. That is what Fiends do you know. We meet in person and it's all over from there. Chris, Matt and Steph's boys (hubby and son) played football and Steph and I talked and talked. Steph's boys took out the waverunners for a while too to try them out.

IMG_0408-1.jpg

IMG_0409-1.jpg

IMG_0410-1.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411-1.jpg

After we said goodbye to Steph, (she had to go and take care of her dog), we decided to head back ourselves but Chris decided that doing a 15 foot exit from his ski in the middle of the river was a good idea. Actually, he hit a wave sideways and launched himself in the air. He landed on the back of his neck and was done for the day. So was our gasoline so we called it quits and parked them for the night. Chris went back and took a nap.

IMG_0415.jpg

Everyone else was talking and having a good time. The smaller boys (my son and Bitchie's grandson) were in the pool with Joker, HQ, Lorna and Bitchie while all our shanagans were goin on. They all returned around the time Chris took a flying leap.

IMG_0414.jpg

We then cooked a feast, like the Fiends normally do. Chris had even slow cooked his jumbalaya all day in the pot.

IMG_0417-1.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

We then decided we were going to go to Margarita Grill for desert. They have the best key lime pie. They also have wonderful margaritas too. Chris tweeted his margarita for all the Fiends to see! :rofl2: We saw Elvis there. He lives!

216045_2059863254851_1192749535_32495894_2461323_n.jpg

Dammit Jen, way to leave us hanging! You act like you have other things going on. Everything Jen said is true! Here is Jen in the weeds: :rofl2:

april2011020.jpg

And yes, I was laughing at all of them, except as you can see in Jens picture of the 3 of us, I DID NOT laugh my boobs "off" :blink:

Can't wait to meet up again!

We need to come up with dates for another weekend up there. Anyone up for anything in June, I might be able to do a long weekend. Stef how about u. I know you said u were going there for July 4th, but you need to come join the fiends at the fort for July 4th and do a weekend with us at Crystal River

We need to come up with dates for another weekend up there. Anyone up for anything in June, I might be able to do a long weekend. Stef how about u. I know you said u were going there for July 4th, but you need to come join the fiends at the fort for July 4th and do a weekend with us at Crystal River

Keep working on her Lorna, I've been trying to talk her into the 4th too :banana:

June & July are hard for us, work wise. I was lucky to talk Trev into the 4th, and that's only because 1. Crystal River is 15 minutes away & 2. We are looking at buying a bigger boat :)

Maybe we could do the first part of August, before school starts?

Keep working on her Lorna, I've been trying to talk her into the 4th too :banana:

Shoot, we must have been typing at the same time! :)

Guys, I can't ALWAYS do the fort!! I was there January & March, then booked for May, Sept, Oct & Dec!! So I'll be on the water for the 4th. Donnie will probably be thrilled that I'm gonna miss this one. ;)

Guys, I can't ALWAYS do the fort!! I was there January & March, then booked for May, Sept, Oct & Dec!! So I'll be on the water for the 4th. Donnie will probably be thrilled that I'm gonna miss this one. ;)

We always used to go to Crystal River for the 4th Memorial day and Labor day, until I realized that we were missing out on all the fun at the fort. CR is a zoo on those weekends and we used to get a site with a boat dock so it would cost us more than the Fort.

You have to get your act together and get on the same page as us!!!!!!!! When in Sept and Oct r u going? better be Labor Day and Halloween!!!!!!!!!

I understand the busy thing but you could just hop over for a day trip couldn't you :-\

We always used to go to Crystal River for the 4th Memorial day and Labor day, until I realized that we were missing out on all the fun at the fort. CR is a zoo on those weekends and we used to get a site with a boat dock so it would cost us more than the Fort.

You have to get your act together and get on the same page as us!!!!!!!! When in Sept and Oct r u going? better be Labor Day and Halloween!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Labor Day and Halloween. Yes, CR is a zoo for the 4th, but it's "home" so it will be nice to see a lot of the people I grew up with. Too damn hot for the Fort, I don't use the public pee, er...pool ;) and definately won't do the parks, so between site costs and gas, I'd spend a lot to sit in the RV in the A/C! :rofl2: