Spring Break Week at Crystal River

Day 1

Quite uneventful, as most of our first days are.  It started out as usual, I sent the boys up without me.  :argh:  I get more done with them gone, so with my being to behind in my extra work, I got them packed and sent them on their way!  They got there in the late afternoon/evening and met up with Lorna and Richie and had a wonderful dinner of Roast Beef and then hit this place.

IMG_0143.jpg

It happens to be that any place that serves ice cream is DS's favorite place to be. :'(

I heard reports that DS went around in the golf cart and was very happy to ride in one that works! :panic:  (my next project, get golf cart working again...very expensive smoke came out of controller last trip :panic:)

Day 2

Crystal Isles had a bunch of stuff for the kids to do for the Easter weekend.  First up was a breakfast (which was $5) and DS passed on that.  Then there was an egg decorating session with all the kids.  DS wasn't really interested in that until he found out that he could write on the eggs and make designs and the dye would not stick to where he would put the writing.  Then, all bets were on.  Here is his basket he finished with eggs.  I didn't realize how many he got to do until I got to Crystal Isles.  I'll explain that in a minute.

IMG_0147.jpg

Next up was the easter egg hunt, which (thank goodness) had plastic eggs, filled with assorted candies.  I don't know if y'all know this, but fire ants LOVE Easter eggs that are boiled and left in the grass.  I have made this mistake doing egg hunts with DS when he was a toddler.  I was really glad we didn't have bit up hands this year.  Needless to say, it looks like Halloween with a bunny twist here, as far as candy goes. :rofl2:

After the hunt, the pool party began with the Karaoke guy.  He was really loud, but it didn't seem to stop anyone, except my husband, who wouldn't answer the phone when I got there... :argh:  DS played in the pool the rest of the day and then crashed around 7:30 while trying to finish a sentence to Lorna. :rofl2:

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

We had a wonderful dinner of steak, shrimp, sweet and regular potatoes and key lime pie.  :rofl2:  I got there around 3pm after spending the morning looking for the keys to the lock on the waverunners' trailer and finishing up the rest of the work I needed to do.

Then, DS awoke at 5am for the Easter bunny.  I was not ready for the bunny myself.... :rofl2:

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Thank goodness he decided that a nap was in order.  I don't know if the monster in the DS could have kept up all day! :rofl2:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We decided to take some more pics before we headed out... as I had this in the crockpot DS had asked me to make beef brisket for him on the camping trip I also had to go and mail this... all the

Sounds like y'all are doing some good eating! Is the ice cream place at the campground? Your son is precious!

Yes, the lady who owns it knows my son by sight, first, middle and last name! :rofl2:

The squirrel, well, is a rodent...no explanation needed there.  The other pictures are of a Florida Ibis and a juvenile Osprey.  He was very interested in the fact that I was taking his picture.  He is located near the pool and screams for fish constantly.  His parents are very accommodating.  His flight feathers are almost all in.  He might fly off before we leave!

This is one of the neatest campgrounds we have ever been to with the exception of the Fort of course.  They have a boat ramp and hopefully if the waverunners don't give me troubles tomorrow, my spring suit is on and I am outta here!

The place is called Crystal Isles and it is an Encore Resort.  Because we went to the Tampa RV show, they were running a special for a week stay at 99 bucks (plus resort fees, tax, tag, title, your dealer may vary).  I couldn't pass it up.  We ended up staying here three times last summer and every time was a total blast.  We have already met several people who are interested in joining FortFiends and I might even have an advertiser as well.  If you haven't noticed, campgrounds are a wonderful place to network! :wiz:

Day 3 was kinda a lazy day.  DS decided a five hour nap was in order, and boy, I enjoyed it as well.  I got my jeep all cleaned out and everything is ready to ship tomorrow.  :rofl2:

Lorna decided she was going to be my model and put on a pair of shorts, a tie dye shirt and the embroidered hat, which she is taking back to work tomorrow because she said no one gets it but her!  That was my only embroidered hat too! :rofl2:

IMG_0149.jpg

I hear that Donnie is coming in either Thursday or Friday, Matt (Lorna's son) is coming back with them Friday (they are going back to work tomorrow morning but leaving the RV) and Total Joker is coming, as well as (maybe) stefa70. 

DS went swimming with Richie some more after his lengthy nap.  We found out that we were parked in the wrong spots today.  DS comes in the rv and screams, "Mom, come out quick, some lady is telling dad off!"  Come to find out, both of us were one spot over than we should be, but all is good.  They just moved others.  There are still empty spots.  My son exaggerates a bit!

Tomorrow is print out all the shipping day, get the waverunners working day, still get the luvbugs off my jeep day, go fishing with DS day, and more swimming day. 

Apparently the springs here are now easier to access now that the state owns all the land around them.  It was a little difficult to get to them before and dock the skis.  However, I have also heard that the spring runs more brisk now and is colder.  For someone who can never get warm, that was not what I wanted to hear! :o

My dad asked me yesterday why I was bringing my spring suit instead of my full suit.  (wet suit, not bathing suit)He knows me too well.  I will freeze anyway. :rofl2:

Oh, and I almost forgot...Lorna found that Easter bonnets have not gone out of style!

2011-04-239514-21-3095411.jpg

Sounds like y'all are doing some good eating! Is the ice cream place at the campground? Your son is precious!

Yes, the lady who owns it knows my son by sight, first, middle and last name! :rofl2:

Yea, she's probably heard it screamed enough! (j/k)  :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yes, the lady who owns it knows my son by sight, first, middle and last name! :D

Yea, she's probably heard it screamed enough! (j/k)  :D :D

nope, he behaves at the pool...I am not there! :D

So far it looks good for Saturday afternoon! :D Keeping my fingers crossed that the rain stays away and no major breaks in equipment.  Hope to see all of you.......well Donnie not so much! :D j/k!!! :D

BTW, Love Lornas "model pose" :D

You can watch the race together. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that.

:banana:

Maybe we can have someone gives us a live update.  :banana:

THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!! That would probably be the end of a short lived relationship! :banana: I'll be home in time for the race, scanner out, with drink & snack in hand! I am not good company during a race, it's all about focus!

THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!! That would probably be the end of a short lived relationship! :banana: I'll be home in time for the race, scanner out, with drink & snack in hand! I am not good company during a race, it's all about focus!

Well darn.  Yall ain't no fun.  We weren't asking for blood shed or anything.  Well maybe  :banana:

So what are the plans for the 400?  Aren't you and Donnie going to be at the Fort?  :banana:

I am so jealous. Wish I could be with all of you. Stef don't kill Donnie before I get a chance to meet him :banana:

doodle, I wouldn't hurt Donnie! I'm going to wear a JJ shirt, sit on his lap and MAKE him love me! :banana:

I am so jealous. Wish I could be with all of you. Stef don't kill Donnie before I get a chance to meet him :)

doodle, I wouldn't hurt Donnie! I'm going to wear a JJ shirt, sit on his lap and MAKE him love me! 8)

Yay. Love him right into your way of thinking :banana: :banana: :rofl2:

I am so jealous. Wish I could be with all of you. Stef don't kill Donnie before I get a chance to meet him :banana:

doodle, I wouldn't hurt Donnie! I'm going to wear a JJ shirt, sit on his lap and MAKE him love me! :heart:

He's just a gigalo, and every where he go's, people know the part he's playing...  >:D  :)

doodle, I wouldn't hurt Donnie! I'm going to wear a JJ shirt, sit on his lap and MAKE him love me! :heart:

He's just a gigalo, and every where he go's, people know the part he's playing...  >:D  :)

>:D

Day 4

Well, the night went to the mosquitoes.  Chris was bitten so many times, even with the spray, that he had an allergic reaction around 2am.  He woke both of us up and finally at 3am, I couldn't stand it anymore and I made him take DS's Benedryl.  DS didn't go back to sleep until 6am and guess who just didn't sleep at all? :D :banana: :banana:

I did get some sleep until about 10:30 and the boys slept until 11am. 

DS wanted to have "brunch" so I made him a bacon, egg and turkey sandwich with oranges, which he "wolfed" down.

IMG_0150.jpg

He then wanted to go and do bellyflops in the pool, which I readily obliged.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

DS then wanted to go and play with the bubbles that the Easter bunny gave him, however, no one realized that the green would get on EVERYTHING, including my jeep, him, and just about everything else in the world.

IMG_0159.jpg

So, we had to go into town and wash my jeep off from the green bubble spoodie that popped all on my car.  DS, of course, helped and doesn't do anything without his tongue out...

IMG_0160.jpg

We then headed off to Dairy Queen because the ice cream shop in the campground is closed until Thursday. 

IMG_0161.jpg

There is a small airport next door.  We had a small lunch, but never made it to the ice cream part because DS konked out on us.

IMG_0162.jpg

DS was promised we would go back to Dairy Queen to fulfill the ice cream part of the trip, but this is what happened shortly after we cooked cookies in the convection oven during the afternoon storms.

IMG_0164.jpg

Of course, DH is eating chocolate and peanut butter in my face. :argh:

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Oh, and I got a good picture of a white heron today.  He was kind enough to let me close to take his picture right after he snagged a fish.  ( I didn't even realize I got the small gator in the background until I posted the picture... :rofl2:)

IMG_0156.jpg

I got the pole painted green again, and it fell, again.  Hopefully the dirt won't stick this time. :rofl2:

I am so jealous. Wish I could be with all of you. Stef don't kill Donnie before I get a chance to meet him :D

doodle, I wouldn't hurt Donnie! I'm going to wear a JJ shirt, sit on his lap and MAKE him love me! :banana:

Not gonna bother me. I'm actually a fan of lap dances. Leave Trevor at home. Jen put the camera away. I have enough evidence already out there to get me killed.