I see people in FL with them all the time.  However, the expense for the kids should be minimal.  In order for them to have fun, you should not have to spend all that money.  However, if you want to find more than change, you will have to spend the bucks. :banana:

THE FISHER F75 DETECTOR

Recommended retail price: $1,299

MeteoriteMen.com Special: $1,149.00 plus shipping

Holy crow - that aint happening.

There are cheap ones - but you get what you pay for.  The cheap ones have trouble finding much - but they can be "fun" ...

You can get a cheap one at Radio Shack for 40-50 dollars. Good enough for small kids, but it will alert on ANY metal, so they will spend most of their time digging holes only to find foil wrappers and old pulltabs, etc.

Garrett sells the ACE series for 100-200 dollars which has more "real" detector features and is what I would get for a kid to actually have a chance to find something valuable.

:banana: :heart: ??? ??? ???

If you do it at the Fort make sure it is early morning before 7. They don't really like you to do it. I was politely asked not to because if I found something valuable I would not turn it in. I just laughed at the guy and said the only thing we find is quarters and my daughter uses them to get fish food at the end of the dock. That tells you how long ago it was, 2005?

If you do it at the Fort make sure it is early morning before 7. They don't really like you to do it. I was politely asked not to because if I found something valuable I would not turn it in. I just laughed at the guy and said the only thing we find is quarters and my daughter uses them to get fish food at the end of the dock. That tells you how long ago it was, 2005?

Respect Arrow to you Bay Lake because I like your Avatar and your family takes pity on the hungry fish  >:(

BTW:

:)

>:( >:(>:( :) :)