Doodle's Faux Dtd Day Trip

It has been raining, cold and windy for 3 days now. I need a break from the mundane. Since I can't be at Disney World, I opted for the next best thing. Great Lakes Crossings in Auburn Hills. It'a not a bad day trip. only takes about an hour and a half to get there.

On the road, traffic was terrible.002-1.jpg

First Stop029.jpg

We are Safari Club members so we started with the appetizer sampler platter. My kids were with us to share. You won't see any pictures of them here. They thought their mother was crazy.014.jpg

Next stop.025.jpg

I haven't been here in a long time. I believe there are 2 or 3 stores left in Michigan :angry:018.jpg

Hooray I found the clearance rack :banana: 022.jpg

unfortunately there is no Goofy's Candy Kitchen here but the do have027.jpg

So mucht to choose from but I got one of these026.jpg

We did some other shopping and headed for home. These are my purchases from the Disney Store. Grand total $25.93033-1.jpg

We had a great together as a family. Thanks for letting me share :heart:

That looked like a fun outing. Augusta Mall once had a Disney Store, only lasted a couple three years. Thanks for sharing your fun day with us. 8)

Looks like a great way to spend a rainy day. Disney store is fun. Problem is they are in malls, and I hate malls. I do like DTD though. :banana:

I hate Malls and shopping. We only went to those three places and tried to block out all the rest. It was fun but we all agreed next time we would go during the week and avoid the crowds. I think everyone in MI had the same idea of how to spend a rainy day. :rofl2:

I think sometimes I hit the wrong button when I "post" which ends up with me not posting! I could swear I had already said, "looks fun and love the Tink mug!" I have never seen a Disney store.

They used to be awesome. They had a lot of clothes for adults and much more variety in other Disney stuff. Now it's mostly kids stuff but you can still find a treasure here or there :banana:

I think sometimes I hit the wrong button when I "post" which ends up with me not posting! I could swear I had already said, "looks fun and love the Tink mug!" I have never seen a Disney store.

I am so sorry! :'( We LOVED our Disney Store. It was a great store. Now we have to go to Charlotte/ Concord. Planning on making that trip soon. Have yet to make it to Concord Mills Mall. Hated that they closed the two here.

033-1.jpg

oooooohhhh ahhhhhhh... shiny.... we like shiny... :dance:

They closed our Rainforest Cafe in MD and most of our Disney Stores. Once upon a time we used to be able to have lunch at RC, then head up to the next floor and trade some pins with CM friends at DS. It was a great temporary dtd fix... :comeback:

oooooohhhh ahhhhhhh... shiny.... we like shiny... :dance:

They closed our Rainforest Cafe in MD and most of our Disney Stores. Once upon a time we used to be able to have lunch at RC, then head up to the next floor and trade some pins with CM friends at DS. It was a great temporary dtd fix... :comeback:

I was really surprised by how few shiny things they had at the Disney Store. I managed to find something though :rofl2:

Very clever trip report!

And I learned that I have a couple of kindred spirits here because:

1. I hate to go to the mall too.

and

2. I am a Survivor fan, too!

But I didn't have a caramel apple to eat while watching the finale.

Good job on this faux trip to DTD!

TCD

Thank you it was a fun day and the caramel apple just made it better :banana: