Campingpixi @ Shenandoah Crossings & Ocean Lakes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jess if I remember correctly, when we where there many years ago they had rows and rows of travel trailers that people added porches and things on to them, one seemed to be trying to outdo the others, they were really nice like cottages. Are they still there? If you have time if they are can u take some pictures, I never did.

Looks like you are having such a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Also thanks for the trip report really enjoying it.

Jess if I remember correctly, when we where there many years ago they had rows and rows of travel trailers that people added porches and things on to them, one seemed to be trying to outdo the others, they were really nice like cottages. Are they still there? If you have time if they are can u take some pictures, I never did.

Looks like you are having such a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Also thanks for the trip report really enjoying it.

there are a few in between some of the huge houses but most of them are gone!

oh sorry John yeah you gotta be a coast to coast member but we get vouchers every year to bring guests along for free that do not exprie and we have at least 12 by now and I can use 1 or all at once! woot woot a GG there may not be a bad idea!!

That sound you just heard was me running to get in line for any future GG there.

I've called them in the past and they offered to fit us in but it was $85 a night for a site b/c we're not members. It's not that far of a drive for us down rt 15 so it's been on our list to check out someday...

I know I have been bad but I did not take anymore pics cause it was becoming a pain to have to haul the camera around but we did enjoy ourselves! Our last 2 days at ocean lakes were spent inside the camper in the cool and out of the sun until about 3pm each day! We got caught up it watching the casey anthony trial and we left ocean lakes on Thursday and arived back at shenandoah crossings around 7pm that night and did not do much of anything cause we were too damn tired!! Yesterday we went swimming, played mini golf and used the paddle boats for FREE!! I love free!! Later around 7pm they had a barn dace which was poorly organized cause they had 3 small grills cooking hamburgers, hotdogs, and grilled chicken breasts for over 200 people.. not smart and only 10 picnic tables to eat your food at! funny thing is that earlier in the day they made us wear these wrist bands so they could make sure that only guests were getting in the pool but when it came to the free food Nothing!!! DUH moment on their behalf!! After we ate our free meal we went to the indoor pool and spa and had a quick swim and came back and went to sleep!! We will be going home today and I have to admit I am happy!! I miss my house and I need to take care of my garden.

We will spend the weekend grilling instead of staying here and playing with fireworks! Oh yeah and lets not forget the nascar race!! woot woot!! Go Tony & Jimmie!!!

well folks we are home safe and sound and I am one happy soul to have my own washer & dryer. Our grass was high so next trip were gonna have to hire some neighborhood kid to cut it while were gone. My garden grew a little and we got some strawberries from the patch. I am just glad to be home and back with the daily grind... sometimes vacation can be draining. Well I got 10 days till we go to gettysburg for 2 weeks then off to the fort and daytona!! I better rest up now!! LOL