Hi all. This is my first time starting a topic here!

My family and I are planning to go to WDW next year...tent camping at the Fort. So the question has come down to when to go...May or October.

Originally, we were planning on going this year in October, but because of some set backs decided to push it off till 2012.

I'm tempted for May because of the Star Wars weekends and the fact that it's spring (and it's a lot closer than October of 2012) but my kids would love the MNSSHP.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Misty

Congrats on starting a new topic. It wasn't difficult at all was it. I won't be much help, I like both times. I really like MNSSHP though. The kids would have a blast10619.gif

Thanks Cherie...not hard at all. Only hurts the first time ::)

.May or October.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Misty

My thoughts both!!! and dont forget to bring me :unsure: , If that is not doable, then I personally would vote for October. Seems like there is a lot of activities for the kids with the trick or treat and other things. I also would think that October would be a little slower than May with schools and colleges getting out in May.

I'm like you, I like the idea of sooner BUT May is not spring in Florida. It can be HOT or it can be really nice. I prefer late October. I've never been at the Fort for Halloween, but I am going this year and really looking forward to it. It's a tough choice. How old are your kids?

How HOT was it Ed :rofl2:

Hell would only be mildly annoying ...

In spite of almost constantly drinking, I think a lot of my health issues were due to dehydration. Even though it was after dark and the temps weren't really that bad, the Expedition Everest Challenge Run really took a lot out of me ...

I'd do the run again, but take extra fluids with me. The quart I drank during the run and the quart afterward just weren't enough.

For me there are only two downsides to October....if you have kids, you have to work around school schedules, or take them out? and two,...when we went it was a bit chilly later in the day and swimming was not ideal for me (ok, I like to swim and be warm, yes I am a wuss, you heard it first here, lol) BUT October crowds are ALOT better than May, although, May isnt't too bad, unless you come on Memorial Day weekend.

Ive never done Star Wars weekend,...this will be our first time experiencing that, but from what I've read, its pretty chaotic, and you might want to be a true fan to endure that :)

I don't think you can go wrong with either months though....Those are definately our two favorite months to go!

I would definetly pick October over May. When we went in may I got really hot for a few days. In October the weather seems to stay lower and more comfortable. The kicker for me is May is so much closer so I'd probably go with may in that situation. Sorry I'm no help.

Would you repeat that in English please :rofl2:

If you had to pick between the two, I would say Oct. The prices are better and there are less people IMHO. All the spring breakers are out in May still and people just getting on college breaks. Disney charges a fortune for sites in May too. Plus, you have YELLOW FLIES, my nemesis. They find me. They bite me. I swell up badly.

Just thoughts coming your way from the raving lunatic. :parrot:

Thanks to everyone for the advice!! I think my heart is telling me October too...I just hate waiting!! I just saw the ad for booking the Haunted Hayride and it just sounds like SO much fun that time of year so I'm thinking that's what we'll be doing. *sigh* That means I'm back up to over a year till my next trip. I'll need lots more TCD trip reports to keep me happy till then! :)