Does Anyone Fell The Same Way (Agree Or Disagree)

We bought the dining plan the first year it was available - and it was GREAT! Original menus, full servings, dessert, entree appetizeer and gratutiy included...... but then - then things changed. Menus changed, plans changed, morphed, shrunk, gratuity's were extra..... it's not as good a deal as it once was. We no longer take part, and a pp was correct, we're treated "differently" when we reply "no" to the "are with us on the dining plan today?" question.

I like it too for the same reasons. If we were able to stay longer, or more often it wouldn't be worth it, but for a week, for now we do. Once we have to pay adult rates for the kids it won't be an option anymore, too expensive. We enjoy the visiting the resorts and dining in the different locations. An dI agree...I don't have to cook!

I can't recall being treated poorly by servers when we were on the dining plan. Most of the counter service is pretty bad, but I can handle it for a week or less. Sit down meals seem to be better. But, it's basically all good when I don't have to cook!! :banana: And TE fried chicken was awesome last time I had it!

We've never used the dining plan, but we have considered it.

Food prices are most definitely high, but I'm not sure about the quality. There was such a long break in my trip from 97 to 04 that I really don't remember what the food was like beforehand.

I do know that I used to like TE's dinner buffet, but now it makes me sick (for whatever reason).

I used to hate Pecos Bill's, but that was back when I thought all they served was plain burgers. Dad always wanted to eat there, and we always were supposed to go sit with Mom while my dad ordered. He never bothered to get anything from the fixin's bar...

I think the only time we've had bad servers is when my SIL complained (I mean yelled, cussed, and made herself an embarrassing nuisance) her way into getting our Crystal Palace meal comped. By the time we got to the restaurant, I think the servers had been informed of the situation.

I think the only time we've had bad servers is when my SIL complained (I mean yelled, cussed, and made herself an embarrassing nuisance) her way into getting our Crystal Palace meal comped. By the time we got to the restaurant, I think the servers had been informed of the situation.

A little Pooh in your dinner? :rofl2:

It seems that they have dumbed down the menus even at the table service restaurants since the inception of free dinning. I think there ought to be a separate menu for the guest on F/D that way us who are paying out of pocket can get the meal we want.

OHana's is still my favorite. I did not like it when they went from a grilled to a plain cooked shrimp, but now they are back to the grilled.

Cape May is great.

LeCellier was one of my favorites, but now you just about can't get in, since they are a 'signature' restaurant.

Cinderella's castle is off the list. I don't even consider it a restaurant anymore.

I am still pissed off with the diner shows. Hoop Dee Doo had a really bad meal a few years back, the ribs were overcooked to the point of being crunchy & like jerky. Everyone complained, but they were all done like that. They made no offer to compensate for the food and we are were told that we were there for the show mostly & not the food. I stopped going to the Luau at Poly when they took the all you can drink, frozen drinks off the list & started charging for them.

I used to like Chef Mickey's, but they are off my list for now. Cutting back on selection of entres', the peel & eat shrimp are half the size they were, and the desert bar has fallen off the map.

I have been pleased with Tusker House and they are fairly 'reasonably' priced for lunch by Disney standards. Good selection, the carved meats are seasoned well, and I do like Baklava as a desert item.

But the Dining Plan has definately affected evrything, especially with the 'free' plan offered at times. The resort pays a reduced fee for the plan, which means less money coming in to the restaurants, which increases food costs (lowers profit margin), so they compensate by using a less quality product & decrease the number of selections of food.

There are still some other table service restaurants I like and many of the counter service also, but I am selective.

It seems that they have dumbed down the menus even at the table service restaurants since the inception of free dinning. I think there ought to be a separate menu for the guest on F/D that way us who are paying out of pocket can get the meal we want.

I agree!! They should only offer a special menu for those on the free dining plan vs. the regular diners and those on the paid dining plan. I could see how people can be treated differently when they can't tell weather someone paid for the dining plan or got it free from a special offer that they as far as I know never extended to us campers at the fort!

They should take the don't ask don't tell approach to the whole free dining plan and make it the responsibility of the guest to know what to do. This way at the time the bill is presented they will probably have extra items on the bill and pay part on the plan and part out of pocket.