Does Anyone Fell The Same Way (Agree Or Disagree)

I noticed a steady decline after Disney started the free dining. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I still like some places, but there definitely is a drop in variety and specialty items.

I'd have to agree, but we only eat in the parks for convenience.

On this trip we've really noticed a decline in the kids meals from our last trip in February.

Pizza has been either under/over cooked, chicken nuggets dried out (like freezer burned), bagged carrots dried out, bagged grapes mushy. However, the chocolate chip cookies are very good.

We've been on the boat to MK a lot this trip. Many times (at least six) we've overheard conversations about dinner at TE and HDD and how they would never eat here again. I have nothing to compare to since I won't eat off metal plates and have never had dinner at TE. Our take-out GAG was very good with the exception of the fries which were just nasty. I wish they could give you potato salad instead of fries.

Tri-B

"Free Dining" (which is FAR from 'free') has definitely had an impact from my point of view. Smaller portions; lower quality; even the servers don't seem to have as much magic. There are exceptions, but they are few and far between ...

I have noticed a change in the disposition of my server when they ask if I am using the dining plan and I respond "Hell NO!!!!"

Some food is worse but I really like the lunch at trails end the chile burger is very good. Liberty tree tavern is very good, great burger. Columbia harbor house has great clam chowder. School bread in Norway is great and we can't forget the carrot cake cookie at The writers shop a DHS.

I never have been a fan of Disney food. When we go to the MK, I will only eat at the Columbia Harbor House. I like their fish and chips. I still haven't found a decent place to eat at AK. At Epcot, I go to either the China area and one of the small sit-down restaurants, or to Mexico. For anything else, I go back to the Fort where I have my own food.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK isn't bad; Yak & Yeti is good too ...

Yes, Ed but I can eat not bad and ok food at my campsite a whole lot cheaper. I remember when you could go to a different fast food place and have choices that were only available at that spot. Now no matter where you stop it's all the same and all tasteless. It's getting to be that way at more and moe of the Table seervice restaurants too. :(

Yak & Yeti is fairly unique in the sit down side. Yes, you can get BBQ at a lot of places, but the sauce at Flame Tree is a little different than elsewhere at WDW. Sensei said, "I still haven't found a decent place to eat at AK." I think both are better than 'decent'- but my cooking is better. There are few restaurants I would rate better than my cooking - especially at Disney.

Yak & Yeti is fairly unique in the sit down side. Yes, you can get BBQ at a lot of places, but the sauce at Flame Tree is a little different than elsewhere at WDW. Sensei said, "I still haven't found a decent place to eat at AK." I think both are better than 'decent'- but my cooking is better. There are few restaurants I would rate better than my cooking - especially at Disney.

Dinner at Ed's next campout.