You gotta remember that a lot of the previous batch of FEMA trailers were never even used and are being sold on ebay for 3000 - 5000. What a waste of taxpayer's money. Yes they are basic and are park models but they sure are cheap.

You gotta remember that a lot of the previous batch of FEMA trailers were never even used and are being sold on ebay for 3000 - 5000. What a waste of taxpayer's money. Yes they are basic and are park models but they sure are cheap.

So FEMA will buy 10,000 new ones and not stop the selling of the old ones? :blink:

Why I am not amazed at the "logic" anymore? WHY? :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

This is just so upsetting. Our camper date has come and gone - I contact them again - to see if we will have our camper in time for the 4th of July - and she finally admits that we will not. I hate this sales woman right now. She said just what we wanted to hear when we placed the order and now Im stuck. I just sent her an e-mail back saying - well now that the extreme limit of our time frame has come and gone - can you revise your date of completion at all? Is it 12 weeks, 16 weeks, will we have it by the fall? I feel like we made a huge mistake :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. You are right, that sales woman had no right to tell you it would likely be sooner when she really had no idea. As bad as she wanted the commission, she still should have done the right thing and not be responsible for ruining a family's vacation. That's just disgusting.

I really hope some miracle happens and your unit is ready in the next week. Have they been able to give you any information about where it is in production or even if it's been started?

I'll relate this story to anyone I know considering a deal with RV Direct.

If you want a silver lining out of all this, you may end up with a 2012 model, since I believe there are 2012's coming out of the factories now. Still hoping for you.

Just wondering... if the contract was for a 2011 and they can't supply it now, would that be grounds for voiding the contract?

I'd sure be wanting to cancel that transaction now and buy one off a lot somewhere if it was me. Promising an RV before the camping season starts and not delivering until it's nearly over is downright rotten. :argh:

So sorry for all the aggrevation whip. Here's hoping that your July 4th camping trip will be extra special anyway...

I really don't think it is RV Direct's total fault. I was checking around, rvwholesalers.com etc, and all their Roo's are on order as well. Yes, RVDirect has some fault, but I think a lot of blame should be on Forest River, because obviously production is either slow, or they are backlogged with orders. I know thta doesn't help you, but I'm sure you aren't alone.

Best Regards,

Norm

Oh whip I'm so sorry to hear that your vacation was ruined. Have you called & spoken with any of her bosses about your entire experience? It very disappointing to me that you have had such a terrible time. Having done buisness with them twice now & knowing some others that have as well & only hearing positive remarks. It sounds like you just got the short end of the stick. She definitely holds a lot of the blame & is tarnishing their name by being a crumby salesperson. She should be providing you with accurate info every step of the way. That being said forest river is definitely to blame also for being so backlogged or slow that they are screwing people up. Pick up the phone & and raise hell because if you have asked questions & she is not providing answers her bosses need to know. Out of curiosity what is your sales persons name? On the bright side you will get a 2012 model.

Thanks for the support. I wish we had the option to cancel - unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be any "out". Im not saying that people shouldnt buy from RV direct - it just seems that you cannot take this particular salespersons word on anything. She outright lied to me about the date it would be ready - if she didnt have any idea - that what she should have told me before - not after she got our money. My husband were just talking that if we could find an out we could just go and buy off a lot - probably have a new unit just in time for the 4th of July - Instead - it looks like we will be "tenting it" :(