From the Disney Food blog.

Need a second opinion on this one, folks. It really does sound like it should be delicious! Someone headed there wanna give us a first hand report?

Snack Series: Fried Corn on the Cob

May 26th, 2011 by AJ. Sometimes you come across a new snack item in Disney World and you’re really really really excited and you can’t wait to try it…

Fried-corn-on-the-cob-sign-500x441.jpg

…and then you finally have time to get back over to Liberty Square Market to indulge in what you know is going to be an amazing new savory snack…

Corn-wrapped-in-foil-500x333.jpgFried Corn on the Cob Wrapped in Foil

…and it’s vegetarian and that’s exciting so you can’t wait to try it and what if it’s too HOT since it’s been FRIED in OIL and that’s going to taste AWESOME…

Corn-on-the-Cob-367x550.jpgFried Corn on the Cob

…and it even LOOKS delicious, all bright yellow and yummy, and it’s bound to taste amazing since we ARE getting into corn season after all and how can you go wrong when you take something delicious and fry it in oil?!?…

Corn-on-the-Cob-2-500x333.jpgFried Corn on the Cob

…and then you’re finally done taking pictures so you can actually take a bite…

Inside-the-corn-500x333.jpgFried Corn on the Cob...Cob

…and you realize that it doesn’t really taste all that good after all.

Yep — total let-down. Sorry to get your hopes up, but I had to bring you along on the journey with me (misery loves company!).

Honestly, it probably would have tasted better if they hadn’t fried it and had instead simply sold boiled sweet corn, which is a pretty incredible snack if we’re being honest. And it would have been healthier, too. So sad to see all that oily goodness go to waste.

Sigh.

Maybe the rest of you will have a better experience. Let me know what you think if you try it!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/05/26/snack-series-fried-corn-on-the-cob/#more-30902

Do you really want to eat something at a theme park that leaves chunks between your teeth that you will be trying to suck out for the rest of the day? Or is Disney supplying floss now?

When we go to Knoble's for their Covered Bridge Festival there is a vendo that sells roasted corn on the cob, comes in the husk but they dip it in butter, then you can add any seasoning you want,they have salt& pepper, garlic salt and the other one I can remember was Old Bay. There is a line there all day long all weekend long. Who would have thought this would be a big draw.

Okay....we tried this yesterday.

It was, well.....just kinda okay...mediocre in my and DH's book.

No real taste to it and mushy. :(

It had roasted color but no roasted smell. :(

And FRIED in oil...not my style. Give me ROASTED any day!

We agree with the review above and the fact that boiled or roasted would be much healthier for you.

They also sell BOILED hot dogs and throw them on a plain bun...ketchup and mustard available.

Tri-B

Deep fried hot dogs are delish - only after hot dogs cooked on a grill.

I bought a bunch of Kayhem's this past week (natural casing) for $1.25/pkg after a sale price and $1.00 coupon. For you WNY-er's, Kayhem's is almost as good as Sahlen's, and I can get the Kayhem's at a local grocery store.