Just thought I would throw this out there as misinformation was given out in another place who's name will not be mentioned. I faxed my site request in about 10 days early and I got a call saying the 100 loop will be closed for re-pouring the pads on June 4th. They asked what my next choices would be, so I chose and they said they would get me something I requested. In that other area, a possible CM said they do not look at requests as they are too busy. Obviously, they do and try to accommodate you. They actually took the time to call me.

Just another reason why The Fortfiends.net site is the greatest site out there.

Just thought I would throw this out there as misinformation was given out in another place who's name will not be mentioned. I faxed my site request in about 10 days early and I got a call saying the 100 loop will be closed for re-pouring the pads on June 4th. They asked what my next choices would be, so I chose and they said they would get me something I requested. In that other area, a possible CM said they do not look at requests as they are too busy. Obviously, they do and try to accommodate you. They actually took the time to call me.

Just another reason why The Fortfiends.net site is the greatest site out there.

Great to know. Glad to hear you are going to get a site you want! :dance:

Have a great time and safe travels. :banana:

Quick question everyone.. can anyone direct me to where the fax info is for sites.. I really don't care which site in 300 they give me I just want to make sure that we are in loop 300. How soon do I have to get that sent to them (timeframe)?

thanks everyone

The sites are assigned 5 days out.

We got the site we requested this time and all I did was call a few days before we arrived. We requested site 802, but were assigned 807 at check in. I asked if it was possible to get 802, and she looked and changed it for us. I think 802 was the assigned site to begin with, since there is no longer a site 807. There is a tetherball court where 807 used to be.

Edited to add reception outpost phone #. 407-824-2900

We got the site we requested this time and all I did was call a few days before we arrived. We requested site 802, but were assigned 807 at check in. I asked if it was possible to get 802, and she looked and changed it for us. I think 802 was the assigned site to begin with, since there is no longer a site 807. There is a tetherball court where 807 used to be.

Edited to add reception outpost phone #. 407-824-2900

Huh?

There has always been a tetherball court located between 807 and 809. I have camped in 809, and the tetherball court is closer to it than 807. I can't imagine that they sacrificed a site on the 800 loop for a tetherball court.

I will certainly take a look at this the next time I am at the Fort, but I have a hard time believing that a site has disappeared.

TCD

when we went on 2008 we requested loop 300 and was put in 500 :(

There were sites open in 300 but were told that we could not have any of them cause they were not avail.. we even offerd to be their a portion of the time and then move and got a big fat NO!! Hope we have better luck this trip being that is really short.

Huh?

There has always been a tetherball court located between 807 and 809. I have camped in 809, and the tetherball court is closer to it than 807. I can't imagine that they sacrificed a site on the 800 loop for a tetherball court.

I will certainly take a look at this the next time I am at the Fort, but I have a hard time believing that a site has disappeared.

TCD

We looked several times and could never find a site 807. There was an 807 marker, but we never could find the site. ???

Take pics when you find the site.

when we went on 2008 we requested loop 300 and was put in 500 :(

There were sites open in 300 but were told that we could not have any of them cause they were not avail.. we even offerd to be their a portion of the time and then move and got a big fat NO!! Hope we have better luck this trip being that is really short.

I could believe that if they were holding those sites for incoming Preferred Pet ressies, since that's the only loop left that fits that class of site.

Or could have been that 500 is a Premium and if that's what you booked, they were probably not willing to let you "downgrade".

They're usually happy to let you UPgrade a package/ressue, but they don't like to have to give back money. ;)