Thought everybody might be interested to learn that there is now some sort of ID checking going on at the pool. :yay:

Check out this thread on RV.net...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25118381.cfm

Even though I don't and have never used any of the pools, I'm glad to see they're starting to enforce the rules. The only rule I ever ran up against was I wasn't allowed to board the monorail many years ago because I didn't have my Fort ID with me. Had to go all the way back to the camper and get it. It aggravated me at the time, but it was clearly my fault as I knew what the rule was. I simply forgot to put it in my pocket. Lesson learned.

I am at a Yogi bear camp ground right now and we have to wear wrist bands all weekend. Even the snack stand will not sell food to you with out a wrist band. Don't even get near the pool and slides with out one.

I did see the screening done at WL a few years ago. Guests were asked for room keys. I would have to agree that there is a need to put some measure in place to limit non Disney guests from invading. I have seen cars pull in the Outpost lot and folks pile on to a bus ready for a day at the pool. Granted they may have been meeting a Disney guest there, but I don't know.

I am at a Yogi bear camp ground right now and we have to wear wrist bands all weekend. Even the snack stand will not sell food to you with out a wrist band. Don't even get near the pool and slides with out one.

We've stayed at the Yogi Bear campground in Burleson, TX a few times and they do the same. I didn't have any problem with it. I would love to see FW do something to keep non-FW guests out of FW.

I did see the screening done at WL a few years ago. Guests were asked for room keys. I would have to agree that there is a need to put some measure in place to limit non Disney guests from invading. I have seen cars pull in the Outpost lot and folks pile on to a bus ready for a day at the pool. Granted they may have been meeting a Disney guest there, but I don't know.

If those people were Disney guests, I am Miss America....

Just got back from the pool. They came around and check resort IDs at about 10:15 and gave us a wristband for there. Today's is a American Flag band, don't know if it will be different every day. So I guess it is real. You can turn off the BS meters now.:usa:

Hey Gary, good to see you here. Hey, if I'd have known you were gonna move the motorhome I'd have drawn the lake properly behind it! (in your animation, that is)

It adds a little seasonal element Shanta!

That little white strip is beautiful white sand in the summer . . . a bit of ice on the shore in winter!

Either way, it makes me feel good about heading south to WDW!