I know everyone has their own opinions on the loops at the fort. We've only ever been in the 2000 loop and really, we loved it. We were in 2021 both times. Right by the path to the CS and never had any noise problem or complaints.

We heard that if we stayed in the 1500 loop we would never want to stay in the 2000 loop again.

Part of me doesn't like change and would like to request 2021 again... But a smaller part of me, and all of DH wants to try out the 1500 loop.

Can you tell me your pros/cons if you have any experience with either of these loops?

Thanks guys!!

Whitney

We have stayed in the 1500 loop numerous times, but never in the 2000. I like it there because it is central to all the things my kids liked to do when they were young. The pool, meadows trading post, play area all within walking distance for them.

Something I can answer.... almost

We have stayed in both.  First time in 2000.  Our pop up broke down in SC on the way.  After 1 night of all 7 of us in one large tent I pulled the white flag and went to Wally World for a second tent.  Any tent, the largest they had.  Still using the 2 tents to this day.  We had plenty of room for the 2 tents and a screen room and then some in our site 2051.

Next stay we requested the 1500 loop.  Much smaller, 1519, but we fit.  We felt a little more private on the 1500 loop, more vegetation at that time.  The kids had the tetherball right across from us.  The CS wasn't too far and yes we were much closer to everything.  We had 2 golf carts for a portion of this trip too and no cart the first time so in the 2000 loop we felt left out.  I don't know if it would be different with a GC or not.  The loop was very empty too that trip. 

I have to say they both have the pros and the cons.  It really depends on your needs.  I am very torn for our trip in October.  Not sure if I will request either loop, only a large site, may just have to go with what we get.         

If you want to be a part of the Fort request 1500, if you want more relaxation or quiet request 2000.  1500 much smaller but so close to everything.  2000 bigger sites a little more open, large loop, removed from the rest of the Fort.  All that said, it has been 2 years since we have been.  So excited to be reserved again.  Now you have me thinking.... which one?  :-\

The only bad thing about 2000 loop is it seems they have seemed to use it for large parties. Not saying it will be like that when you arrive but it could. If it's not a busy time and you aren't happy they could might help you with an upgraded site. 1500 is much quieter and IMO nicer. There are some nice sites in 2000 especially on the outer sites. Some of my favorites are over by the comfort station in the middle of the loop.

The only bad thing about 2000 loop is it seems they have seemed to use it for large parties. Not saying it will be like that when you arrive but it could. If it's not a busy time and you aren't happy they could might help you with an upgraded site. 1500 is much quieter and IMO nicer. There are some nice sites in 2000 especially on the outer sites. Some of my favorites are over by the comfort station in the middle of the loop.

I agree.  The last 2 trips I have noticed the same thing. They seem to use the 2000 loop as overflow for the Group area..... at least on the weekends.

1500 was MUCH quieter both times although 2000 was fine and almost empty during the week.

This last MLK weekend was beyond crazy.  A group called the "Shamrock Families" took over half of the 2000 loop. We could hear their music and car horns over in the 900 loop!

When I spoke with a Worker Bee she said they were put in the 2000 loop because the Group area was full..... 

Donnie is right tho, there are some nice sites in 2000 right along the canal in back.  :dance:

• 1 year later...

I will be making this choice between 2000 and 1500 soon so I was hoping to revive this thread and see if there are any other opinions. Where are the best sites located in each of these loops and which loop is better? If I make a request, what exactly should i ask for with regard to location within each loop, etc. I will have a kenny cart as well.

We have been in sites 2017 at Thanksgiving then 2023 at Easter. We loved both sites but 2023 was a little better for us. At thanksgiving it was quiet at Easter there were some bigger groups and more noise at times. The sites were roomy and private but a ways from the action.

The 2000 loop has been partially filled with groups the last two times we were at the fort. If they're good neighbors it can be a lot of fun. I just think it's a lot of time, gas & money to take that chance.

Plus I like being close to the trading post and main pool so I'm a 1500 loop fan. Haven't stayed in a tent in several years but camped alone with the girls a few summers ago in the 1500 loop and loved it there. Since DH retired we take the TT now and request 1600 or 1700 but the girls and I still look at the 1500 sites wishing they were full hookup. For us it was the perfect location.

I agree with everyone. It's mixed. My first time camping at the Fort I had convinced myself I NEEDED to be in the 1500 loop. Needless to say, no dice. I was in 2064 - right across from the comfort station. The next time, 2001. The next time 2030-something. You get the picture. There was no 1500 loop happening no matter how nice I requested. Of all of those trips, I met the nicest people in the 2000 loop. We had a big site and really enjoyed everything except trekking through the woods to the pool. Only once or twice was there an issue with noise. I think TCD was also there that weekend. They were in bed pretty early, though, and I slept fine. They got out of control on golf carts, so I called security who handled them.

The last few trips I've been put in 1500 without ever asking. Man is the proximity to the pool nice. Ok, the hot tub is what I actually love. Still, it's a long walk to the trading post (as far as the 2000 loop I'd say, just without the woods part). The yellow busses also aren't as frequent, it seems. You can walk to the settlement if you're up for a stroll. There does seem to be more vegetation between the sites, but they're closer together so noise is worse.

I guess what I'm saying is really, you can't go wrong, especially if you have a golf cart or bikes. Both loops have plusses and minuses. Personally, I've stopped faxing loop requests. I always note on my ressie if I want to be close to a comfort station (yes) or bus stop (no thanks, I want peace and quiet) and let them choose for me. Regardless, I know I'll be at the fort and I'll have a great time.

Enjoy your trip!

Stayed in both, and while I prefer 1500, 2000 is not all bad; some of the pads are gigantic with plenty of room for everything, With a GC, I could see where there would not be that much difference, Don't get you're heart set on 1500, it's smaller and of people making reservations with requests, the vast majority will request 1500 so sometimes it is just not available when you check in.

We checked into the 1500 loop on a Monday in mid-October and it was still full with people who were there for the weekend. Although we asked to be close to the CS, we were put in the only available site on the far side. By Tuesday AM the place had pretty much cleared out with lots of places nearer the CS. It wouldn't have been too bad if it hadn't rained 13 inches while we were there.