The Fort is cracking down on the locals at the pool today.

I was pleasantly surprised to see people at the pavilions that were registered guests today at the pool. I even saw a group of people who were packing up all of their stuff, including all the food they had brought in, and leaving.

Bravo. It certainly was a nice change to see.

I was pleasantly surprised to see people at the pavilions that were registered guests today at the pool. I even saw a group of people who were packing up all of their stuff, including all the food they had brought in, and leaving.

Bravo. It certainly was a nice change to see.

Cool

Bob and I talked to Doug Woolever, yesterday's Duty Manager, for about 15 minutes. He's the same manager that Donnie has posted about.

He said all the right things and is trying his best to do the right thing.

I was impressed, and believe me it takes a lot for a WDW manager to impress me.

So as long as the other mangers and Doug's boss are on board, things are a-changin.

My concern is that middle managers move around like jumping beans at WDW, especially the rare good ones. So we need to support Doug and the other mangers for finally cracking down.

Ironically, as a result of the stricter policies, while we were talking to Doug, a CM was looking for me to tell me to move my car because it was improperly parked.

Doug appears to be a hands on kind of guy, so if you see, give him an atta-boy.

Does anyone know if us "locals" will still be able to bring our golf carts in to cruise around for the day? I could care less about swimming. I just love going looping and getting me a Lone Ranger chicken dinner! It's also a treat to meet fiends & sit on Burl's porch drinking a cuppa joe (or a beer).

I'm glad to hear about all the security & them cracking down on the shenanigan!

Does anyone know if us "locals" will still be able to bring our golf carts in to cruise around for the day? I could care less about swimming.

If, and that's a real big if, Doug has his way, no you won't.

But as you know Debbie, you can always talk your way around the Security CMs at the shack.

Unless security has list of the arrivals and dining reservations for that day, which at some resorts & during certain holidays they do, and they don't buy the story that you're going to eat at TE, I doubt that they'll refuse you from coming in. I got in yesterday by telling them I had to go to the front desk, which I really was, but I could have just as easily gone to the pool instead.

How 'bout the rules for what is actually allowed as a" cart"?

We followed the rules and left the Rhino at home. Paid hundreds to rent a cart.

The neighbors are running a Rhino. I've passed a decorated Kawasaki Mule more than once.

I've seen every make and model of utility vehicle made, but I didn't bring mine because they're not allowed.

I want my cart rental money back...

The neighbors are running a Rhino. I've passed a decorated Kawasaki Mule more than once.

I've seen every make and model of utility vehicle made, but I didn't bring mine because they're not allowed.

Because the Fort changed the rules regarding GEM cars, that was my excuse to convince the DH to get rid of that monstrosity and get me a golf cart. The rules they "revised" were no GEM cars driving down the golf cart path to T.E. & no parking in the lot by T.E. They changed that rule a long time ago but, we didn't realize it until March. We still took the GEM to T.E. and no one said a word about us driving on the cart path and/or parking in the area by T.E. or by the marina. However, I used the new rules to my advantage to get what I wanted - which was another golf cart. I am shameless!!

I wouldn't chance bringing a vehicle that isn't allowed. 3 summers ago someone had this really, really, really jacked up golf cart (as in needing to use an 8' ladder to get up into the cart - and I'm not exaggerating) and they were not only told they could not ride around in it, they were told to park it in the parking lot and leave it there.

To the 4Brians - if you are faced with this problem in the future, contact an outside cart rental company. You can save about 50% over Disney's prices. Or - get a golf cart!! :jumpforjoy

On our last trip, the guy at the site across from me had a Mule and mentioned to me that he had been told twice by security that he wasn't allowed to use it. However, I did see him driving it a few times after that so I guess he wasn't too concerned about any consequences if he kept driving it.

In November my aunt and uncle came up from Plant City to visit for the day. We called the front desk and asked them what we needed to do. They said to have them tell the guard they were visiting us at site #334. Not sure if they put them on a list or not, but they had no trouble getting in. They parked in overflow and we went up and picked them up with the cart.

I'm glad to hear they're cracking down on non-guest shenanigans (go Doug!)