Not at the Fort for the 4th, but it was still fun!!

Unfortunalty like many of you I was unable to join in the fun at the fort this year, but I was able to go camping. I found some good news after I made my ressies, that the one and only Whipperwhirl had made ressies at the very same campground (how cool is that). At least I was going to be able to hang with one fellow fiend this weekend!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Since we did not do anything but hang out at the campground, there isn't much to report. But I will do my best to meet everyones expectations including some pood forn pictures for Dave.

We arrived Thursday and setup camp.

Iphonepics544.jpg

Then we went down to the creek and skipped stone and do some crawfishing and then wound down and relaxed by the campfire.

Day 2:

Spent the morning drinking coffee in the screenhouse and getting pestered by the kids as to when my "internet friend" was going to get there. My kids love meeting other kids and making new friends when they are camping. They were even more excited that Whip'skids were their age. About 2pm my DD* comes over and asks if they are here yet, because there is a new tent being put up a couple of sites down. So I sent her to investigate to see if the vehicle had CT plates. When she came back, I was informed that she did not know where the car was from, but the kids at that site are her new friends and they are going to ride bikes. So I ventured over and said hi and it was the one and only duct tape fettish fiend aka Whipperwhirl. After they got setup, they came over chatted for a bit and the Mr. Whip and I set off on a tour of the important landmarks of the greater Tunkhannock area (Beer Store, Walmart, grocery store, and a local winery).

Sorry no pics as we were to busy drinking and getting to know each other.

Day Three:

Once again, just hung around the campground and went swimming.

Iphonepics541.jpg

Mr. Whip was working on his funding in order to pay for their next trip to the Fort by teaching the kids how to play Texas Hold'um

Iphonepics529.jpg

Iphonepics528.jpg

And then after dark, the campground had fireworks.

Iphonepics535.jpg

Iphonepics534.jpg

Iphonepics533.jpg

Iphonepics532.jpg

While it is not Disney, the owner puts it on himself, it puts a lot of municipal displays to shame!

Day four and five:

Did not do much on Sunday but hang around, swim, skip stones in the creek, drink somemore, make another beer run, etc...

On Monday we preety much did the same except for dinner that night we had a little feast: Steak, Keilbasa dogs, pulled pork, corn on the cob, grilled zuchinni, pasta salad, potato salad, and watermellon. Now this is the part that Dave has been waiting for, pood forn pictures.

Iphonepics538.jpg

Iphonepics536.jpg

Iphonepics539.jpg

After we cleaned up, we played games. The kids enkoyed kicking my but in a rigged game of UNO, at one point I had half the deck in my hand. Once the kids went to bed the adults played some poker and called it a night.

Unfortunatly, I don't have much for this trip report as it was mostly a nice relaxing weekend hanging around the campground and meeting new fiends.

Mr. Whip was working on his funding in order to pay for their next trip to the Fort by teaching the kids how to play Texas Hold'um

Iphonepics529.jpg

I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure I got drunk with that guy, and about 30 other fiends, one day, but the whole day is a little fuzzy. There may be photographic evidence tho.... :rofl2: I think he may have been wearing a hat made of baloons.. :blink: LOL

Bill, looks like a great time, I hope we can have as much fun next month!

By gosh youre fast. I didnt take one picture all weekend - this baby sucks all the drive out of me. Thanks again for being so wonderful to hang with - you have a terrific family.

Dont worry Whip, I didn't take to many, Didn't want to much evidence. BTW, BEcky said she had a blast with you and your family. She said it was like she new you forever once we got aquintainted. Hope your camper comes in soon so you can come to the Pittsburg area in August.

Looks like you had a great time!! Thanks for sharing your report!

That looks like a great time and it is what camping is all about!

That looks like FUN!!!!!

We had a blast!

great report, Fiends having fun together is what it's all about. Can't wait to meet you in August :banana:

WE can not wait until August also. I hope we can meet a bunch more Fiends also!

Great job on this report!

That food spread looks fantastic.

You are a good sport to let the kids whip you in UNO.

TCD

Wan't so much me letting the kids beat me in UNO, but the fact that there were 20+ cards missing when we counted them after the game.

As for the food, if you ask Mr. Whip he claimed it was all awful and was trying to get us to stop eating it. He said, that he would be the martyr and eat all the bad food to save us

Nice job Bill! Food, alcohol, Texas hold em & uno? Sounds like the makings of a great camping weekend! :banana:

It sounds like y'all had a fun and relaxing trip. That meal looks great!

I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure I got drunk with that guy, and about 30 other fiends, one day, but the whole day is a little fuzzy. There may be photographic evidence tho.... :rofl2: I think he may have been wearing a hat made of baloons.. :blink: LOL

Bill, looks like a great time, I hope we can have as much fun next month!

I dont think it was a baloon hat, it was probably his real hair, I think he is wearing a hair hat in that pic. I can not wait to have some fun next month with you, doodle and others. All we need to do is settle on a campground.

Dont worry Whip, I didn't take to many, Didn't want to much evidence. BTW, BEcky said she had a blast with you and your family. She said it was like she new you forever once we got aquintainted. Hope your camper comes in soon so you can come to the Pittsburg area in August.

Your whole family is great - I also told Mr Whip nice things about your DW - I think I said "we are like cream and sugar" - I'm sad you don't live closer - we hope to see all of you again soon!

As for the food, if you ask Mr. Whip he claimed it was all awful and was trying to get us to stop eating it. He said, that he would be the martyr and eat all the bad food to save us

He tries to pull that one on me all the time - such a nut

I dont think it was a baloon hat, it was probably his real hair, I think he is wearing a hair hat in that pic. I can not wait to have some fun next month with you, doodle and others. All we need to do is settle on a campground.

DH still talks about BATWIT - he had an awesome time - if you look close there is a picture of the batwit hat in my signature - but what fun is that - here is the real deal below

15xllpz.jpg