Devores 4th of July Adventure

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking the same thing about the peach cobbler- I think we need an official proclamation declaring it as the official desert for FF.net. For those of you that have never tried it - you need to - it is sooo good.

Devores - you are a gifted photographer - some of these pictures are amazing. There are angles I have never seen before - looking forward to more.

Wow,

I take a nap and this report has run rampent.

To save Lou's dignity, I will not comment on the last few posts.

Now, where were we?

Oh yeh, still 3 Jul 2011, we are at the beach for the fireworks.

Fireworks do not require allot of comments, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

I will say that I thought 9pm was too early to start the fireworks. It was still a little too light out to fully enjoy the show. Another note was the soundtrack. It was too low to hear and add on the thousands of people talking during the show, you could barely make any of it out. The night before we watched wishes and the soundtrack was nice and loud, a great change from previous times. But for some reason, the 4th fireworks show was low.

So, now I'll share SOME of the shots I took during the show......

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

You will notice the black cloud hanging right there throughout the show. There was zero wind this day and the explosions of the fireworks created this cloud that would not move. It just hung there. Kind of ruined a few photos but what can ya do.

After the show, the kids ran to the campfire to catch the last part of Tangled then headed to keylime's site to "hang out". I guess that is teenager thing. The DW and I looped for a bit, then headed home for some much needed sleep.

The next installment will be for Keylime, she had mentioned missing the GC parade, AGAIN, so I will share it with you.

Day 5, 4 Jul 2011

We wake early to catch the GC parade. Ive always enjoyed these as some people put in allot of effort into thier decorations. But the past few have not been spectacular. Not many GCs participated. This one was different. There were hundreds. They also changed the route. It headed straight from the hitch/unhitch area to pioneer hall. I almost missed it because I was set up with the cart just outside of the 400 loop, where we always watch it. Luckily my junior TCD senses kicked in and I noticed somethings were just odd. So asked a ranger and sure enough, the route was different. So I get a spot just acrossed from Hilda's.

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

Anyone else ever notice we never get the Big Cheese at the Fort? We have had Chip n Dale, Donald, and Goofey. Id love to see pioneer Mickey in one of the parades.

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

You sick of GC pictures yet? Well theres more to come........

Yep, more GCs

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

This is the end of the parade, but apparently, this CM didnt get the memo that this would be going on today. He felt entitled to drive past everyone else to beat the traffic.

DSC01157.jpg

How do I know he was a CM? He was in costume and had a name tag on. The popo were all over him though and made him get back in line like everyone else. They were not kind words either.

Remember a few posts back we saw the flag dude? Well, he was here as well.

DSC01159.jpg

So the kids just had to have thier picture with him. Turns out he is just a patriotic kid who wanted to show it off.

DSC01158.jpg

I am not sure who won the GC parade, we never made it over to the judging or awards, so if anyone can let us know who won.......

So the kids just had to have thier picture with him. Turns out he is just a patriotic kid who wanted to show it off.

DSC01158.jpg

I am not sure who won the GC parade, we never made it over to the judging or awards, so if anyone can let us know who won.......

Ummmm... I think you should have cropped this photo a bit at the bottom... :rofl2:

Awesome report!!!

Lou was definitely lookin' good!!! :heart: