Because lost children are tought to trust police. And to a young child that badge will/could mean police. Additionally, adults may let their guard down when/if approached by someone wearing or flashing that badge. :siren:

To many whackos in this world to allow something like that to sell on a public auction. :popo:

Many places, will not sell duplicates of nametags, uniforms, etc. as memorabilia because of security. If they do, they dumb down the items so there should not confusion of the real thing and the suovenir.

Because lost children are tought to trust police. And to a young child that badge will/could mean police. Additionally, adults may let their guard down when/if approached by someone wearing or flashing that badge. :siren:

To many whackos in this world to allow something like that to sell on a public auction. :popo:

Many places, will not sell duplicates of nametags, uniforms, etc. as memorabilia because of security. If they do, they dumb down the items so there should not confusion of the real thing and the suovenir.

Sadly, I agree. There are some mean people out there. I would worry about pedophiles. However, I doubt there is anything anyone can do about it. :argh:

Because lost children are tought to trust police. And to a young child that badge will/could mean police. Additionally, adults may let their guard down when/if approached by someone wearing or flashing that badge.

To many whackos in this world to allow something like that to sell on a public auction.

I see your point and agree with it, but there are so many other places where wackos can get a fake badge for a tiny fraction of the price. They'll have to pay $750 for this one.

I guess I'm asking why would Disney want to stop the sale of this particular badge when they have much bigger fish to fry.

I don't think they can stop this sale because it's a private sale. Unless they can prove that the badge was stolen from them that is. And I doubt that was the case.

A CM can simply quit, tell Disney wardrobe that they lost whatever they want to keep or that it was stolen, reimburse Disney, and put it on Ebay through a third party of course. The person doesn't want to be connected to the item.

The uniformed security that wear the badges are mainly at entrances to the parks and resorts. Disney doesn't want them to be visible inside the parks & resorts for obvious reasons. They use the plain clothes security for that. So it's much more likely that if a child is lost, they will be dealt with initially by a regular CM, then by a manager, and if needed, by a security manager. Uniformed security don't have the ability to deal with situations that require decision making.

I have more of a concern with a pervert getting a fake or bootleg regular CM name tag. And those are on Ebay and many other places for less than $10.

Many places, will not sell duplicates of nametags, uniforms, etc. as memorabilia because of security.

While that would be nice, it's not because of security concerns, it's because of money. Disney is relentless in going after those places and most of them know it.

I AGREE