Fort Bus Stop Changed At Epcot

For those of you that use the park buses, the Fort's bus stop at Epcot was #4, it's now #9.

So don't automatically go to the old bus stop because the bus will never come.

Lou-

Thanks for posting this.

So, is this good news or bad news for Fiends?

I think it's bad news.

Hopefully, it's not that big a deal.

The FW bus stop at Epcot was the closest one to the entry area. I have the old one marked with a red star here:

epcotbusstops.jpg

So which one is the new one?

Using my math powers, I would guess that it is 5 spots away from the old one. Is it still in the first group of bus stops, or have we moved over to the second group?

TCD

As usual, the campers get the short end of the stick. Did they seperate out the Wilderness Lodge (dont they share a bus) Guests?

THis doesnt make to much of a difference for us. We usually only use the buses when we are sampling the refreshments around to world. Last thing I need to do is ruin mine or someone elses vacation.

So, guests who enjoy Epcot late have to schlep to a bus stop and take a bus to the TTC?

And, us campers get the boot?

No, GF & Poly guests will not have to go to TTC first. CR & TTC share. It's actually a better deal for the MK resort guests. They'll be dropped off at their resort some bypassing TTC.

Did they seperate out the Wilderness Lodge (dont they share a bus)

You're right, FW & FWL do share a bus, so they got the boot too.

To be objective, the changes have nothing to do with the resorts, it's strictly logistics. There are only so many bus stops at the parks and they try to utilize them as efficiently as they can.

It has nothing to do with whether they are a value, moderate, or deluxe.

No, GF & Poly guests will not have to go to TTC first. CR & TTC share. It's actually a better deal for the MK resort guests. They'll be dropped off at their resort some bypassing TTC.

You're right, FW & FWL do share a bus, so they got the boot too.

To be objective, the changes have nothing to do with the resorts, it's strictly logistics. There are only so many bus stops at the parks and they try to utilize them as efficiently as they can.

It has nothing to do with whether they are a value, moderate, or deluxe.

That bears a question then, when the new Animation Resort comes online, will it get it's own stop, or share with POP!!

I hope it gets it's own stop, cause then I might stay in one of the standard rooms, but if it shares with POP, no way, no how, will I stay there.

That bears a question then, when the new Animation Resort comes online, will it get it's own stop, or share with POP!!

I hope it gets it's own stop, cause then I might stay in one of the standard rooms, but if it shares with POP, no way, no how, will I stay there.

I say no way does it get its own buses. Don't all of the All Stars share buses?

And, I have thought about this some, and wanted to remind everyone of something that I forgot-

When we first started camping at the Fort, there was no direct bus to Epcot or HS (then known as MGM)- We had to take a Boone or Crockett bus to the TTC and transfer there. That was not an ideal situation. When AK came along, they had a direct bus to AK, and then the eventually added direct buses to Epcot and HS.

So, I'm not going to complain about our bus stop being moved a few spaces- at least we still have a kind of direct bus (we still have to share with WL).

TCD

Oh, speaking of buses and sharing with WL. One little trick I learned.

Let's say you start the day at Magic Kingdom, and your golf cart and/or bike is parked at the marina, then you hop over to Epcot and take the bus back. Instead of riding all the way to the Fort and taking the internal bus through the campground, get off at Wilderness Lodge and hop on the WL/Fort bus. Then you are deposited at the correct end of the campground to pick up your ride.

Also, now that the WL bus is also a Yellow bus, if you are staying in 1400, 1500, or 1600-1900, you can transfer to the Fort bus at WL, then stay on at Settlement and get a bus to your loop.

Oh, speaking of buses and sharing with WL. One little trick I learned.

Let's say you start the day at Magic Kingdom, and your golf cart and/or bike is parked at the marina, then you hop over to Epcot and take the bus back. Instead of riding all the way to the Fort and taking the internal bus through the campground, get off at Wilderness Lodge and hop on the WL/Fort bus. Then you are deposited at the correct end of the campground to pick up your ride.

Also, now that the WL bus is also a Yellow bus, if you are staying in 1400, 1500, or 1600-1900, you can transfer to the Fort bus at WL, then stay on at Settlement and get a bus to your loop.

Good tips, as usual, Carol.

This Yellow Bus tip also applies to guests of the 300-500 loops, and the 700 loop too.

TCD

I say no way does it get its own buses.

Nothing official yet, but I'm guessing that the AOA will not share buses. It's a long way from there to the Pop bus area.

Don't all of the All Stars share buses?

Nope, during peak times they have separate buses except at DTD. They make up for it there by running buses more frequently during the real busy times.

Epcot, HS, & MK already have separate All-Star resort stops.

As they do for DTD, they add buses at AK at peak times

So, I'm not going to complain about our bus stop being moved a few spaces.

It's more than just a few spaces.

at least we still have a kind of direct bus (we still have to share with WL).

The Fort shares buses only at Epcot & HS and does not at DTD & AK.

get off at Wilderness Lodge and hop on the WL/Fort bus. Then you are deposited at the correct end of the campground to pick up your ride.

Do you know how often the WL to FW bus runs? For some reason, I hardly ever see one at the WL bus stop.

Lou-

Thanks for the info.

If the All Stars don't share buses, then I wouldn't expect Pop and AOA to share either.

Do you know how often the WL to FW bus runs? For some reason, I hardly ever see one at the WL bus stop.

Currently the WL bus is the Yellow Bus from the Fort. So, it runs every 15-20 minutes, just like the rest of the internal buses.

TCD