I've been looking...A LOT. I have found just a few models that may work for us, not much choice with the size we need and a lower weight. I am also having a hard time convincing my husband we can't get everything we want, but that we still want a TT. Wish me luck!

I'm sure the right TT will come along.

You may be able to get away with a smaller trailer than you think. When they are little, kids can easily share beds. As they get older, the oldest kids may opt out of family trips to stay with friends or grandparents. I have four kids and a stepson (who lived with us) and I know as the younger kids got too big to share a bed, the older ones were not always along anyway. I was always judging campers by how they held 7 adults size people. The truth is, we never ended up with more than 3 adult sized people at a time. There is 10 years between my oldest and youngest.

Now, even though I still have two kids at home, only DH and I go camping. The youngest, 18, wants nothing to do with it. Now, we just have to make room for the grandkids....:dance:

Now, even though I still have two kids at home, only DH and I go camping. The youngest, 18, wants nothing to do with it. Now, we just have to make room for the grandkids....:dance:

We went through that, now 2 of our 3 children have their own campers. The oldest once said, as a teen, "I'll never camp"! Guess who was the first to buy one? :rofl2:

I'm sure the right TT will come along.

You may be able to get away with a smaller trailer than you think. When they are little, kids can easily share beds. As they get older, the oldest kids may opt out of family trips to stay with friends or grandparents. I have four kids and a stepson (who lived with us) and I know as the younger kids got too big to share a bed, the older ones were not always along anyway. I was always judging campers by how they held 7 adults size people. The truth is, we never ended up with more than 3 adult sized people at a time. There is 10 years between my oldest and youngest.

Thanks, we are going looking tomorrow. I am so excited! I would be so surprised if any of our kids ever opted out of a trip to WDW (they are all obsessed like my DH and I, LOL), but who knows! We thought about the idea of a tent behind the TT as well and that may be an option. Hoping we can get as close to our dream TT as possible though since we are planning ahead to the years when we ahve grandkids as well. :D

We have always stayed in the cabins at FW but are now looking into buying a new or used travel trailer. We would like something that sleeps 10 or more and has an outside kitchen. We will be towing it with a 2009 Chevy Express. We have seen a few models online that we love, but know nothing about RV's and are looking for guidance. We would like to stay under $25,000 but may be willing to go up just a little. Any suggestions? We are a family of soon to be 9. Me, DH, DS 13, DS 11, DS 8, DS 5, DS 3, and DD 1. Baby #7 due in December.

You are a brave brave women! Beautiful family!!

Have you looked at the Heartland Sundance bunkhouses? They are well built lightweight TTs. No outside kitchen, but a table, grill & electric skillet works for us.

We went through that, now 2 of our 3 children have their own campers. The oldest once said, as a teen, "I'll never camp"! Guess who was the first to buy one? :rofl2:

:rofl2::rofl2: Our oldest, who when she went through puberty, developed an aversion to camping, just recently bought a tent and some camping equipment. She's nearly 29 .... it took longer than I thought for her to come around. I think her DH and son had much to do with it. Our second daughter (25) is shopping with her DH and son for a pick-up truck camper. Oldest son (also 25) spends half his life camping now. Two youngest sons haven't rebounded yet, but I have faith.

I would be so surprised if any of our kids ever opted out of a trip to WDW

We actually had TWO of ours opt out of a WDW trip!! Teenagers are temporarily insane. :parrot: But, even with everyone, I'm sure you could improvise some on the sleeping arrangements to make your dreams come true! Don't give up because of the weight thing.

Looking forward to virtual shopping with you and your beautiful family.