3D Tour of Everything WDW using Google Earth "Ground View"

I was using Google Earth today & found a new feature (at least to me). You can tour all of the parks & resorts in 3D using "ground view". If you've never been or just can't get enough it gives you a little bit of that Disney magic. Below are just a few of the images available.

Fort Wilderness Outpost this is where you check in

FWOutpostPost.jpg

Settlement Trading Post

FWSettlementTradingPost.jpg

Pioneer Hall & Trails End Resturant

FWtrailsend.jpg

Contemporary Resort

contemp01.jpg

contemp02.jpg

Wilderness Lodge

WL.jpg

WL01.jpg

WL02.jpg

Grand Floridian

GF01.jpg

GF02.jpg

Magic Kingdom

MKcastle.jpg

MKhauntedmansion.jpg

smallworld-1.jpg

MKdumbo.jpg

Epcot

epcot.jpg

epcot01.jpg

epcot02.jpg

Hollywood Studios

hs02.jpg

HS01.jpg

hs03.jpg

hs04.jpg

hs05.jpg

hs06.jpg

hs07.jpg

hs08.jpg

Fort Wilderness Outpost this is where you check in

FWOutpostPost.jpg

Settlement Trading Post

FWSettlementTradingPost.jpg

Pioneer Hall & Trails End Resturant

FWtrailsend.jpg

Steve- Thanks for sharing all of those screen caps.

Although I appreciate what the Google Earth folks are trying to do, I find their images to be pretty funny.

On the FW entrance, the sign they show in front of the check-in lanes is not really there. And, it is weird to me how it looks like a nuclear bomb went off in the area behind the check-in lanes.

Then, they show trees behind the Settlement Trading Post. But, the old sign isn't there anymore.

The view of Pioneer Hall is weird in that it shows the Contemporary Resort and the castle and Space Mountain in the background. Yes, those structures are out there, but you can't see them from here.

It is all too cartoon-ish for me.

TCD

Although I appreciate what the Google Earth folks are trying to do, I find their images to be pretty funny.

On the FW entrance, the sign they show in front of the check-in lanes is not really there. And, it is weird to me how it looks like a nuclear bomb went off in the area behind the check-in lanes.

Then, they show trees behind the Settlement Trading Post. But, the old sign isn't there anymore.

The view of Pioneer Hall is weird in that it shows the Contemporary Resort and the castle and Space Mountain in the background. Yes, those structures are out there, but you can't see them from here.

TCD

That's it no more Google for me back to Yahoo

TCD

I agree some things do look a little cartoonish in away. But then again not everyone gets to go there six or seven times in a year. People who only get to go once in while or have never gone & are planning trips I believe would find these useful or at least fun to look at.

I agree some things do look a little cartoonish in away. But then again not everyone gets to go there six or seven times in a year. People who only get to go once in while or have never gone & are planning trips I believe would find these useful or at least fun to look at.

I agree- it's fun to look at. It's just interesting to see what detail is provided, and what is not. It seems like with a bit more effort, they could get this right.

Here are a couple of examples of why this bugs me.

Here's a view of what you see while sitting at the campfire:

campfire.jpg

I just love sitting there and watching the monorails go by. But it does get distracting!

And, then, there's this view from the beach by the marina. That's the Settlement Trading Post on the left, Crockett's porch in the near background, and then the Villas of Wilderness Lodge and Wilderness Lodge itself there in the far back. It's just like being there!:

PioneerHall3.jpg

TCD