Not to be a "party pooper"...but...if you ever have a breakdown by the side of the road (especially with eight people) you will be glad to have at least enough water in your tanks to allow for toilet flushing and hand washing.

Also, if you let your black tank dries up it will be much more difficult to clean out.

To me not having water onboard is kind of like suffering in the heat because when you run the A/C your MPG goes down.

Besides, have you seen some of those bathrooms at rest areas??? :barf:

Even after cleaning with a whole bottle of Lysol it would not be enough to convenience me to let my grandchildren use them! :flush:

Well, we've drove down to WDW twice a year for the last several years and never have had an RV of any kind, so we have always had to use the rest stops, no other choice. It also seems like it would take a lot longer to use the bathroom in the TT since we would have to go one at a time instead of everyone out and going all at once. Maybe we'll change our mind after actually having the option to do so though. ;D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crock pot, electric skillet & folding table. It will help keep the unit cooler. Oh BIG cooler w/ beverages for fiend visitors! :popcorn:

Everyone has given you great ideas. The one thing I did during our first few trips was have a small notebook, because inevitably just when you think you have it all, when you go to cook you've forgott

I know you all will think I'm crazy for keeping this list but here it goes. 10- This is an extremely helpful website- http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/Tips/Tips_and_Advice.htm BEDDING & B

We were thinking we wouldn't travel with any water also. Do you think it's worth it to take a few gallons to use the bathroom along the way vs. a rest stop? There are 8 of us that would have to use the bathroom.

I'd definetly bring water to use for potty breaks. We only have two kids & you never know when nature will call. A few gallons of water is not really going to cost you much of anything in mileage. Now if you carry a half or even full tank then you are talking something different. We have had to pull over on desereted roads in the middle of the night for potty breaks. I say never go empty because you never know what may happen.

I'm with you, we have three boys and we try to let them out and stretch their legs and get some energy out on our stops. We all go in to potty, maybe grab a quick snack unless we packed some already, and then walk around a few minutes. Then everyone is ready to pile back in and get settled down for the next couple hundred miles ;) Always keeping a bit of water in the tank sounds like a great idea to me too....sometimes those young bladders need to go at inopportune times! I have heard about keeping the jug of water for on the road flushes...sounds great! Awesome thread, thanks for all the info! I have a very nice 'buy it and pack it' list now thanks to alot of great folks :) Happy Camping!