What is a cheap way to secure the canopy in a premium site?  We will be using it as cover while we cook out. I.E we don't want to have to buy $60 weights.

We are going to request the 400 or 500 loop in Dec, to be close to the dog park.

FWIW, I once saw an EZ UP take flight and throw a 5 gallon bucket partially filled with concrete over the top of a MH.

I use a combination of tie down straps or rope to secure ours to the nearest solid object...like a camper bumper and picnic table or tree.

Agree.  I always use straps or ropes as well.

Don't forget, it only takes just a little more fabric than an EZ UP for a hanglider to take off w/ a 200 plus pound person hanging on for dear life....  :popcorn:

FWIW, I don't even trust the stakes that came with mine. I used some pretty tough nylon rope and some heavy duty stakes. It may have looked a little ridiculous with the rope all over the place, but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind - knowing that after one-too-many cantaloupes (or similar) in Epcot I wasn't going to have to go searching for the canopy.

Get some of those 5 gallon bucket/containers that are used for cleaning chemicals, chlorine tablets, etc. & fill with water. They weigh about 41 pounds when filled. The containers seal nicely & have a sturdy handle to tie off to. You could also use sand.

Try to use all the immoveable objects first (trees, camping unit) before using an alternative.