Anyone Try The Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party?

The Big Guy and I did it.... it was nice, and was something that we'd considered when they first put it out at what.... $19.95 per person? When we booked, it was almost $30 per person. Yikes! And, the Tomorrowland terrace was our favorite place to view Wishes before this event began, so we ponied up the money and did it.

IMG_0732.jpg

Long line to get in, TBG got a tad bit impatient.... asking "Don't these people have reservations?? What's the holdup??" The holdup was a single castmember with a clipboard looking for names in the semi-darkness.....*sigh*.

We got in, found our table (they had our names on a small placard taped to the table) and went for the desserts. As we've found with all Disney desserts, they always seem to *look* much better than they actually *taste*.... does anyone else feel that way? *shrug*

Anyhow, we ate a few, chatted with folks around us, and then, the announcement came "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, in a few moments, the lights in the Magic Kingdom will be lowered for our nighttime spectacular event, Wishes"...... and then the freekin fog rolled in.

IMG_3254.jpg

And, it got thicker......

IMG_3256.jpg

To the point where Cinderella Castle was *totally* obscured. We could hear the booms, and see the occasional flash of light, but no fireworks..... we left, as the castmembers had already cleared the dessert tables.

Bummer about the fog - although that last photo is still pretty cool!

Thanks for sharing this. We were going to do this back when it was $20/person and didn't, and then the price just kept going up and up and we decided to skip it.

Agree about WDW desserts... with few exceptions they sound and look better than they actually taste.

The 2 big exceptions I've found is the Bread n' Butter Pudding at Raglan road and the Carrot Cake at Puck's.

That said, we booked the 3D Dessert Discovery event during Food & Wine. It's food and cocktails and reserved seating for Illuminations.

I checked out a review from last year and it sounded pretty impressive so we'll give it a go.

We did it in Dec 2009 and loved it. Had a big late lunch, then gorged ourselves on desserts for dinner. Most of the desserts were pretty good, and the view of the fireworks was great. I always thought we'd do it again someday...but hearing how much the price has gone up: No Way! We paid around $120 for the family IIRC...so $20/person. No way I'd pay more.