From MousePlanet...

…Registration for the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon (scheduled for the weekend of February 24 to 26, 2012) is now open.

…Registration is now open for all races during the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend of October 1. Sign up now for the Disney Family Fun Run 5K, and Disney Kids' Races. Registration for the individual half marathon and half marathon relay are now full. The 5K is 72 percent full, and kids races are 99 percent full.

…Registration for the events for the Walt Disney World Marathon 2012 (on the weekend of January 7) is now open. Note: Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge is now 84 percent full. The Marathon is 65 percent full, the Marathon Relay is 51 percent full, the Half Marathon is 61 percent full, and the 5K is 52 percent full..

Oh no, I was wishing, praying, & hoping that they canceled all of the marathons at WDW because of boredom.

I have to remember not to work on those days.

Those people are nuts. They take perfectly good sleeping time and go out just to annoy the bus drivers that have to put up with their running. Running, ya, most of them can't walk it, never mind run it.

I totally expect them to ignore the Fort - again - when it comes to transportation. Now I know it ISN'T Disney's fault, but it IS Disney's fault when they all the information to be posted on a Disney website; when they don't enforce the posted information; when they ... .

This is what is posted right now:

Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend Transportation has been arranged for Walt Disney World® Resort guests. Buses will be indicated by Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend signs placed in the front windows and will run every 20 minutes from Walt Disney World® Resorts to the following events:

Walt Disney World® Half Marathon

• Saturday, January 7 | 3:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

Since The Fort IS a Walt Disney World® Resort; since I will be a guest at the Fort;according to this, I would expect a Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend Bus four times between 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. I doubt it will happen; I will have to drive - again! IF the buses aren't running to the Fort, I WILL get Snarky and ask a Disney Official when They stopped using Fort Wilderness as a Disney Resort. When they say it IS a Walt Disney World® Resort, I will ask why they posted that buses would be running - and they weren't. Part of my Entrance Fee is used to provide those buses, and I will expect a refund of that portion of my fees.

We are making a mini vacation out of the half marathon in January. It will be my wife's first run, other than some 5k's. I've been going back and forth over where to stay. My options are value (I don't really want to do this), rent from Donnie, or store my 5'er from Thanksgiving till Jan 3rd. I guess it will come down to the latter two, since I already have a full hook up site reserved.

My dd, myself and my MIL are running(me)(them walking) the 5K on Friday. DH, his uncle, and FIL are running 1/2 on Saturday. DH and Uncle are running full on Sunday. If they drive over in morning of 1/2 and full do we really have a chance to take boat to MK then monorail to EPCOT to see them finish? I think for the 5K since it is so short we will all drive.

Should I expect problems? We've never taken the buses anywhere and I don't know the schedules so I would be leery of taking them.