(Top to bottom left side)

Basic - notice it says "Where Dreams Come True" and not "the happiest place on earth".

Basic with one year anniversary pin. Other anniversary pins are next to it.

New hire in training.

(Top to bottom, right side.)

Fluent in a foreign language. With all of the CMs that are not fluent in English, I think they should have an English one.

Sign language.

Legacy name tag. I'll never get one of these because I can't kiss enough management butt working only part time.

Disney Cruise Line

NameTags.jpg

Fluent in a foreign language. With all of the CMs that are not fluent in English, I think they should have an English one.

Sign language.

Legacy name tag. I'll never get one of these because I can't kiss enough management butt working only part time.

315071_217310241659629_100001419647492_629931_6761061_n.jpg

Should we congratulate them for "butt kissing" their way to a "legacy" name tag?

:hah: my, that would be snarky...:rofl2: :rofl3: :rofl2:

Thanks Lou... I guess... you know, if I ever see one of these in person, there's no way I'll ever be able to keep a straight face now... :smug:

So what exactly does the "legacy" name tag represent?

The Walt Disney Legacy Award

is the first global Walt Disney Parks

and Resorts program that celebrates

Walt’s legacy by recognizing the outstanding

performance of Cast, Crew and Imagineers.

An elite group of recipients recently was

selected for this prestigious award from

thousands of nominations based on

consistent excellence in the categories

of dream, create and inspire.

Are you saying if we see a CM with one of them on that we should be impressed by their "Butt Kissing" skills?

Only if that is something that impresses you.

Should we congratulate them for "butt kissing" their way to a "legacy" name tag?

Absolutely congratulate them for excelling at brown nosing and being able to kiss up to their managers better than the other CMs.

On a serious note, I do have a problem with the Legacy Award.

There are 62,000 CMs at WDW alone and the vast majority do a good job.

There is no way to quantify who is deserving and who is not. You have to be nominated, and who nominates you, you guessed it.

It's all based on show and image.

While there are some that are truly deserving from the lower ranks, to many recipients were in highly visible or lead positions.

That little Asian girl, who is far away from home, living in a CM dorm with a bunch of strangers, who works, eats, and sleeps, then does it all over again the next day, and was working her butt off to bring me and others lunch at the ABS Commissary yesterday will never get that award. But the glad-handing middle manager that offers to get their boss a coffee and agrees with everything they say will have a good shot at being nominated by their manager.

The Disney hierarchy system is unique. If you don't like it, wait six months and it'll change.