Something to consider is the fact that towing weight limits dont take into account the frontal or side profile of the trailer, a travel trailer is essentially a large sail whereas a flat tandem trailer loaded low would have almost no resistance.

Something to consider is the fact that towing weight limits dont take into account the frontal or side profile of the trailer, a travel trailer is essentially a large sail whereas a flat tandem trailer loaded low would have almost no resistance.

That is a great point they always show all trucks towing flat tandoms.

I wouldn't pull 11k lbs with a half ton no matter how much power it had. That's 3/4 ton and up weight.

I agree the payload is still not high enough in a halfton. I think it's around 1400lbs so if you got a 11,000lb trailer and 10 percent hitch weight 1,100lbs it only leaves you 300lbs for people and cargo in the truck. I wouldn't pull more then 6 to 8 thousand pounds with it. But for me I will stay with a f350.

Man that's the truth my wolf pack is a parachute behind my truck. I have pulled heavier loads then my camper and never knew they were there. But I always know my camper is there.

I guess anything with wheels can break down, even a toyota. I agree that a 1/2 ton whether it be a toyota or what not can not compare to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pick-up. I think if Toyota got a little more serious with the Tundra, offering either a diesel or a 3/4 ton and improved on the gas mileage, more people would take them seriously. For a 1/2 ton though, I think it's a damn good truck. I had a tacoma before this and loved it also, but needed th towing capacity

I guess anything with wheels can break down, even a toyota. I agree that a 1/2 ton whether it be a toyota or what not can not compare to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pick-up. I think if Toyota got a little more serious with the Tundra, offering either a diesel or a 3/4 ton and improved on the gas mileage, more people would take them seriously. For a 1/2 ton though, I think it's a damn good truck. I had a tacoma before this and loved it also, but needed th towing capacity

I got the Tacoma for my wife because she puts a lot of miles on her truck and I was told a Toyota would run forever. We have several friends that sware by them. I know we will keep her Tacoma I am just not happy with it right now. Until ford came out with the echo boost I think Toyota did have the best half ton tow rating.

I think in my case the attraction with the Ecoboost isn't the fact that I would get a bigger trailer, but that I could get better gas mileage pulling my 6000 lb trailer in the event I have to get rid of my f150, since ford has done away with the big 8 on these trucks.

In 2007 Ford advertised their F150’s got 500 miles on a tank of gas. I bought a F150 that year and it had a 25 gal tank. GM started their advertising saying their 1500’s now get 500 miles on a tank of gas. All GM did was go from a 27 gal tank to a 33 gal tank. Funny they never lied.

In 2007 Ford advertised their F150’s got 500 miles on a tank of gas. I bought a F150 that year and it had a 25 gal tank. GM started their advertising saying their 1500’s now get 500 miles on a tank of gas. All GM did was go from a 27 gal tank to a 33 gal tank. Funny they never lied.

With my 2011 chevy 1500 I get around 475 with a 25 gallon tank and nothing in tow.