There has been lots of new technology that hasnt made its way into full size trucks yet, forced air induction and multi valve technology have been around for gas engines for a while and have proven power and mileage benefits, Ford beat the others to the punch. I would have loved to see the 4.5 diesel that GM was developing but that got shelved due to money

It looks like a great truck.

Being a little concerned about the "tail wagging the dog" scenario, I went with the '11 F250. It's a Turbo Diesel with 3.31 gears. On a couple of highway trips, with minimal head winds, I've 20-21 mpgs. Around town it only gets 16-17 mpg, but I'm hoping the diesel hype about them lasting 200,000-300,000 miles is true. I love this thing

Being a little concerned about the "tail wagging the dog" scenario, I went with the '11 F250. It's a Turbo Diesel with 3.31 gears. On a couple of highway trips, with minimal head winds, I've 20-21 mpgs. Around town it only gets 16-17 mpg, but I'm hoping the diesel hype about them lasting 200,000-300,000 miles is true. I love this thing

As long as you dont use Rotella in it. LOL

What are your mpg pulling your camper.

Will let you know in about a month.

Well how am I suppose to know if I should go buy one. LOL. I was looking at a 2011 f350 I found a pretty good deal on one. The warranty went out on my truck Friday. Everybody tells me to keep my truck. But I have that new truck bug. Does it do good with the 3.31 gear. I was wanting the 3.55 for the pulling power.

Being that I switched to the "other" side about 10 years ago from a die hard Chevy fan to a Toyota fan, I wish nowadays Toyota would get thier heads out of thier a$$ and do something about MPG with the Tundra. My Tundra is the best truck I have ever owned, hands down. I don't know why many people don't consider it a contender with the big 3. The truck can pull a house down in my opinion and being only a 1/2 ton I'm sure it could carry it's weight against an F250 to a point. I'm lucky to get 10-11 in the city and if i'm lucky about 13-14 on the highway. Until Chevy can build a vehicle that won't start falling apart the day after the 3/36000 warranty is up, I will stick with Toyota. I have never been a Ford fan, but I have to say thier new stuff look impressive. Poor Dodge has the looks but the resale and reliablility is like comparing apples to oranges with the competition

Being that I switched to the "other" side about 10 years ago from a die hard Chevy fan to a Toyota fan, I wish nowadays Toyota would get thier heads out of thier a$$ and do something about MPG with the Tundra. My Tundra is the best truck I have ever owned, hands down. I don't know why many people don't consider it a contender with the big 3. The truck can pull a house down in my opinion and being only a 1/2 ton I'm sure it could carry it's weight against an F250 to a point. I'm lucky to get 10-11 in the city and if i'm lucky about 13-14 on the highway. Until Chevy can build a vehicle that won't start falling apart the day after the 3/36000 warranty is up, I will stick with Toyota. I have never been a Ford fan, but I have to say thier new stuff look impressive. Poor Dodge has the looks but the resale and reliablility is like comparing apples to oranges with the competition

I am not to happy with Toyota right now. My DW drives a 4x4 Tacoma. I noticed her front differential was leaking. They Said it was a seal. I told them it was more then a seal and they said no. Well they called me the next day and said a bearing came apart and they had to replace the whole differential. We have 59,200 miles on the truck and a 60,000 mile warranty so it was covered. But it turns out this is a common problem and cost over 2 grand to fix. One guy had it happen twice in less then 2 years. Another guy only had 10,000 miles on his truck and it happened to him. So I am ready to get rid of it and get her a wrangler or a f150.

I am not to happy with Toyota right now. My DW drives a 4x4 Tacoma. I noticed her front differential was leaking. They Said it was a seal. I told them it was more then a seal and they said no. Well they called me the next day and said a bearing came apart and they had to replace the whole differential. We have 59,200 miles on the truck and a 60,000 mile warranty so it was covered. But it turns out this is a common problem and cost over 2 grand to fix. One guy had it happen twice in less then 2 years. Another guy only had 10,000 miles on his truck and it happened to him. So I am ready to get rid of it and get her a wrangler or a f150.

Get her the f150 with the Ecoboost so you can tell us if it's any good or not.

Well how am I suppose to know if I should go buy one. LOL. I was looking at a 2011 f350 I found a pretty good deal on one. The warranty went out on my truck Friday. Everybody tells me to keep my truck. But I have that new truck bug. Does it do good with the 3.31 gear. I was wanting the 3.55 for the pulling power.

Seems like the F350 has a better rake (sits a little higher in the backend). After an extensive search, I found an F250 that had everything I wanted, and the dealer wanted to work with me. So, I didn't delay hoping to find an F350.

I wish I had more real world experience to relate to you regarding towing. I'm dieing to hook something up to the bumper and pull it around town. The torque on this thing is unbelievable. Yet it can chirp the tires when I hit 2nd and the turbo is churned up.

Regarding the Toyota, I test drove several of them. While they seemed like great vehicles, it felt more in the category of an F150 (which I already had), than a Super Duty (which I wanted).

Seems like the F350 has a better rake (sits a little higher in the backend). After an extensive search, I found an F250 that had everything I wanted, and the dealer wanted to work with me. So, I didn't delay hoping to find an F350.

I wish I had more real world experience to relate to you regarding towing. I'm dieing to hook something up to the bumper and pull it around town. The torque on this thing is unbelievable. Yet it can chirp the tires when I hit 2nd and the turbo is churned up.

Regarding the Toyota, I test drove several of them. While they seemed like great vehicles, it felt more in the category of an F150 (which I already had), than a Super Duty (which I wanted).

Right now I have a 05 4x4 f350 and I love it. Is my second super duty. My neighbor just bought a 2012 f250 he is on his 5th and loved them all.