Vintage Walt Disney World: Remember the Magic

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Vintage Walt Disney World: Remember the Magic

posted on September 22nd, 2011 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center

Sure, there were 25 candles signifying the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort for all to see, but it’s not what guests remember the most.

ckc583223SMALL.jpg

This 185-foot-tall birthday cake as big as a castle (Cinderella Castle if we’re getting specific) was the centerpiece of this celebration that had guests talking for years. It was estimated the cake weighed in at 40 million pounds. That’s a lot of cake mix!

pcc593422SMALL.jpg

With 55,040 tablespoons of pink paint in three different shades (who kept count? I lose count after counting out five tablespoons!), this cake was rich enough to satisfy any sweet tooth with its 50 gumballs, 30 lollipops, 4 Life Savers, 12 gum drops, 16 red candy hearts and 16 green candy stars.

During the 25th anniversary, guests knew it was Time to Remember the Magic and the transformation of Cinderella Castle is one memory no one is soon to forget.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/vintage-walt-disney-world-remember-the-magic/

I was working at the WL while the castle was being transformed into the cake.

What the heck are they doing?

Couldn't tell what it would look like until it was finished.

It was cool for a while, but it was nice to get the castle back.

Lou im I right as Disney always does didn't the Castle go back to the way we see it today over night?

Lou im I right as Disney always does didn't the Castle go back to the way we see it today over night?

:blink:

Is this code? I tried reading every other word and it dosen't work...

Every third?

:blink:

I'm not good with puzzles/codes. :heart: