OK folks here is the story, bought a new motor home in july, it spent more time in for warranty work than we had possession of it, factory sent driver to pick it up and return it for " proper repairs" in Indiana, well it's transmission went in Alabama, so it is at an Allison shop in Birmingham before going to the factory, so here is my problem, we are supposed to be at the fort oct. 30 thru the 5th of november, it is highly unlikely that the repairs will be done in time, so who rents and delivers to the fort? any suggestions?

funny thing about RV dealers and manufacturers they don't have to do anything! this thing has been a lemon since the day it left the lot, dealer has sent emails to factory stating same and sent me copies, there are 2 more just like it that were sold by this dealer, all 3 are equal lemons, Forest River made 18 of these for 2011 if they buy mine they will have to buy them all, so they find it better to keep repairing it until warranty expires or people trade them in, and no, there are no extended warranties that will cover the defects in these motor homes, I have had 1 refrigerator, 1 A/C, 1 step motor, 1 floor, 1 shower, 1 faucet , 1 fuse panel replaced so far and 1 repair for backflow valve installed backwards, all trim removed and moved due to rubbing the roof when closed, slide tipping on one side by almost 2" and 1 slide out of plumb, and than of course now the transmission blows on its way back to the factory, all of this within 1600 miles. It came with 1500 from the factory so within 100 miles of me owning it. They are very sympathetic to my plight but are unwilling to do anything but keep repairing it. I really hate to call on the lemon law as I will be paying for something for years that i will not be able to use.

As a person who recently just went through the lemon law ordeal with a 2010 truck, just go ahead and start the process now, it will take time but it will be worth it in the end. Plus you have the added benefit of putting the fear of lemon into them, you may be surprised what they do and how their attitude changes! Make sure to keep records of EVERYTHING that you do, or have done, or they do to the camper, as well as how much time they have had it, what you have missed, and things like lost trips, and rental fees. In the end they will have to reimburse you for all of it.

• 1 month later...