Girls only Fort and Fort Fiends Dream Cruise

Day Four Animal Kingdom

My daughter would not get up to go to AK. She said she hated that place and was not about to go there so she slept in. While waiting at the Outpost bus stop I saw a man walking up wearing a Phillies shirt. We did see a lot of them on our trip. I was about to ask him where he was from and I then saw his sons tshirt. It was our local baseball association’s tshirts. Lo and behold they were from my own neighborhood. My daughter even went to the same school as her daughter. They were staying in a cabin and I so would have loved for my daughter to find someone her own age to hang out with. However , she wasn’t there.

DSCN3246.jpg

First place we headed was to A Bugs Life. I was so happy to see that that it was open. It had been on the rehab list but it was done and reopened. YAY!!!

DSCN3265.jpg

DSCN3263.jpg

We next headed to my other favorite Expedition Everest. We sat mom down while Sister and I went on. Ok, someone please tell me if i am wrong but didnt they used to have yeti on the ride? Now they just have a shadow. What the heck.

DSCN3333.jpg

DSCN3332.jpg

Stopped for some yummy ice cream and then headed to the Kali River Rapids. I was prepared and had rain coats. My sister didnt want one and guess who got soaked. Oh and i visited my favorite rest room near expedition everest. When we were there back in 2008, my niece and i were drying our hands and i couldnt believe how powerful the blower hand dryers were. It was blowing my skin all over and we were in stitches laughing our heads off. So while we were there, got mom to use them. I did take a video but i wouldnt begin to know how to post it here. It was hysterical though.

DSCN3276.jpg

We then headed to Dino Land

DSCN3339.jpg

Although i like the Dinosaur ride, the rest of it doesnt impress me. However my mother and sister had never been there before so we took our time.

DSCN3342.jpg

Every time my mother would sit and wait for us while we were on something, we would come back and sometimes she didnt see us right away. So we decided we would sit there and wait to see how long before she noticed us. it got to be funny at times because she would darn near sit and stare at us and not even see us.

DSCN3340.jpg

Didnt see us.

DSCN3341.jpg

Still didnt see us.

We headed over and did the safari and took the walk before we got a spot for the parade.

DSCN3408.jpgDSCN3385.jpgDSCN3434.jpgOf course my sister shopped while i staked out a spot for the parade. We had a great day. I still have never made it on the train to Rafikkis station or whatever it is. Hope I am not missing anything important.

Got back to the fort and fired up the grill for some steaks. This is usally my husbands job so I have little experience with it. All was going well until we had a down pour that put out my charcoal. My sister and I tried to get it lit again in the rain. We were soooo hungry. Finally got it and finished dinner and had a visit from my friend who moved into the area. We wanted to head down to the dock to watch the water pagent but it wasn’t meant to be due to the rain. We instead went to bed early. Tomorrow my favorite Typhoon Lagoon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am finally getting around to doing our trip report for the weeks of August 27 to the Fort Fiend Dream Cruise on September 4, 2011 I was not so sure this trip was even going to happen. First we had

Day Five, Wednesday, August 31 - Typhoon lLagoon

One of my favorite parks!!!! Of course we didn’t get out as early as I hoped.

SAM_0261.jpg

In fact the whole trip we NEVER did. I had gotten my daughter a water proof case for her camera so we were going to test it out today. Of course we didnt know how to use it, hence the round circle around many of the pictures. THere was an attachment that we later learned was supposed to go on the inside to center the lens. Oh well, live and learn.

SAM_0263.jpg

First on the agenda was Crushen Gusher. My all time favorite. We rode it a couple of times while mom sat and watched. Then we headed to the shark tank. My daughter had never been to this park so I had told he about it and she was a little leary of trying it. We started off with my holding her hand. She was freaking out right away so I tried to get to the rock where you can stop but she was having none of it. The life guard came over and got her out. She was so upset because she really wanted to do it but it was not going to happen.

SAM_0289.jpg

THis is Jackie watching us on the bridge.

SAM_0288.jpg

I know, beautiful picture. There is just no way to look sexy in this gear.

SAM_0293.jpg

SAM_0290.jpg

SAM_0305.jpg

SAM_0306.jpg

SAM_0309.jpg

I got a lot of pics in the tank. It was really hard to see the screen underwater and to know if the lens was centered right so that is what the circle is around the pics.

SAM_0315.jpg

SAM_0320.jpg

Mom was not going on any of the slides except the family slide and she did go on the lazy river and just waded in the wave pool.

SAM_0331.jpg

It was amazing that my daughter loved me while we were on vacation. That all changed when we got home. But i am glad i got to enjoy it while it lasted.

Mom got sunscreen that ran into her eye and was burning really bad. We had to make a stop at the first aid station for an eye wash. Got hit with a thunderstorm around 3:00 which closed down everything for a while. Found a nice spot to wait it out and headed out to get some ice cream. Of course I walked clear to the other side of the park only to return to see ice cream a few feet away from where we were sitting. They reopened at 4:00. By then most people had left which meant we could ride crushin gusher over and over with no line. We were so tired and our feet ached so bad from climbing the steps. We remarked to one of the cast members that they needed an elevator. They so nicely told us that there was one. WOOOOO HOOOO, rode it some more.

DSCN3710.jpg

DSCN3704.jpg

DSCN3703.jpg

Headed back to the fort in anticipation of my ex brother in law coming to visit from the west coast of florida. Since we were already wet, we stopped at the pool to ride the slide a couple of times before heading back to make dinner. There were cards left on our door from Grumpy and Grandma and someone else. I was hoping to run into them again. I was so sad that my BIL wasn’t able to come. He said he would try to come on Friday. We did some laundry and headed to bed. Tomorrow, Hollywood Studios.

You are doing a great job on this report!

You asked a question about Expedition Everest-yes a huge Yeti used to take a big swing with his massive arm at your car as it passed underneath him in the last cave the cars travel through. That Yeti is supposed to be the centerpiece of the ride. But, shortly after the ride opened, they had technical difficulties with it, and they had to stop the arm swinging. As far as I know, the Yeti is still there, but most people completely miss seeing it. Now, they just flash strobe lights on it, to give some illusion that the thing is moving- but it works very poorly. I don't know why they don't fix the thing. My suspicion is that a former Fort Wilderness manager must have been promoted to be the manager in charge of E.E.

I love you photos with the underwater camera case! So what if you didn't read the instructions? That is the exact type of thing I would do!

I know what you mean about your daughter loving you at WDW. I think that's one of the reasons we go so often.

That photo of your mom looking right at you but not seeing you is funny!

I'm looking forward to a lot more of your report. Heck, the cruise part hasn't even started!

TCD

Day Six, Thursday, September 1, 2011 - Hollywood Studios

SAM_0358.jpg

My favorite park. Of course we got out late as usual. Didn’t bring lunch today because we hoped to eat at the Sci Fi Diner. Note to self –make reservations next time. While waiting for the bus at the outpost, my mom tripped over the leg of the bench and fell and landed on her face. I couldn’t believe not one person got up and asked if she was ok. Not even the bus driver. I am sure he probably didn’t see it. Mom was so upset. She broke her glasses and cut her face up. She insisted that she was fine and got on the bus. As soon as we got to the park my sister and her headed right for the first aid station. We teased her and said that we think she just wants to see all the first aid stations. She was fine but ended up a little black and blue. This would be the first of several falls between the four of us. While they did that, dd and I ran and got fast passes for Rockin Roller Coaster and then headed towards the hat to meet them.

SAM_0363-1.jpg

We passed many street perfomers and stopped to watch.

DSCN3564.jpg

DD was watching the Disney Channel thing near the hat. She may be 19 years old and getting married soon but she really is still a little girl. She loves Justin Bieber, Camp Rock, High School Musical, the Jonas Brothers. Mom was ok, she ruined her new glasses and had a gash on her nose from the nose piece of her glasses and a few bruises, but she was ok.

I think we went on the Movie Ride first and then headed toward Star Tours. I really like the 3D changes. Was a lot of fun.

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3585.jpg

DSCN3583.jpg

DSCN3582.jpg

DSCN3581.jpgOf course we got to the Muppets and the New York Street for pictures. Not sure who my daughter is looking at. We tried to have lunch at Sci Fi only to find them swamped.

SAM_0376.jpg

Did get a pic though.

Tried Prime Time Café and had the same problem. Decided to get some quick counter service as we had reservations for Fantasmic Dinner Package at 4.

SAM_0428.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

Headed to the Tower of Terror (mom even went on) We are the second row on left.

DSCN3609.jpg

Then of course it was to my favorit the Rocking Roller Coaster. Mom did not go with us.

DSCN3594.jpg

We went to the Disney One Mans Story. I just love this!!!! Look Mom found her favorite BAMBI. Had a great day. I think we missed the parade here. I don’t remember. Of course it was time for dinner and it was POURING. We decided to make a run for it. When I got there, I was told that there was no reservation. I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Since I had originally booked my cruise and campground through that other place, I left my campground reservation with them since it was already paid for when we transferred our cruise to Rhonda. Anyway the agent at that other place told me when I asked how much it was, that I paid when I got there and the price depeneded on what I ordered. I have done this package at least three times prior and remember paying a set fee in advance. I questions the agent and was told no, that we paid based on what we ordered and that she had been doing this for years and this was how it was done. This was bugging the hell out of me so I checked once again before we left. Again I was assured that we had a reservation and we pay there depending on what we order. Well here we were and there was no reservation. Of course I forgot the paper work back at the fort that had my reservation number. The place was mobbed and there was nothing they could do. Well I had just gotten an i-phone so I looked up the website and was able to retrieve my reservation. I also emailed the TA since there is no phone number to call. I went back and they were so nice and were able to squeeze us in at 6:00.

DSCN3615.jpgDSCN3611.jpg

Dinner was great and delicious. Got a few emails during dinner from the TA saying she keeps trying to call me but my phone was saying that the call could not be completed. Strange because it was working for everyone else. She also said that she keeps looking and the reservation is there and that it must be on Mama Melroses system. Well they looked and had a supervisor look and there was nothing. And oh yeah, it was a set amount and had nothing to do with what you ordered just like I thought. Soooo, needless to say, I will not use that place again. But we had a great meal and then headed over to do the backlot tour but due to the rain, it was closed. We shopped (of course, my sister was with us) then headed off to Fantasmic.

DSCN3618.jpgSAM_0482.jpg

I so love this show. We got blinking Mickey ears (I really LOVE blinky and glowy things) and I got one of the blinking skulls for our campground Halloween celebration. Headed back to the fort exhausted. What a long but very fun day. Tomorrow, Friday and back to Epcot to do Future World.

Day 7, Friday, September 2 - EPCOT

DSCN3658.jpg

Went back to Epcot to do future world.

DSCN3661.jpgFirst we went to get a fast pass for Soarin. Then headed the other direction to Universe of Energy. I finally got to go on Mission Space. I LOVED IT!! Last time we were here i never did get to go on. I cant remember why, but i didnt. Then of course Test Track and then headed over to the other side to see Captain Eeo. I think i saw this long ago but i dont quite remember. Yeah it was very cheesy.

SAM_0502.jpg

We then headed over to the land and took the boat ride. We got to see everything there including Turtle Time with Crush. I had never gone to see that before. It was very cute.

DSCN3676.jpg

DSCN3674.jpg

Next was the Living Seas.

SAM_0541.jpg

Hidden Mickey

SAM_0534.jpg

The smiling Dolphins.

SAM_0511.jpg

SAM_0510.jpg

This ride and i cant even remember what it is called is very similar to the Finding Nemo subs in Disneyland. Very cute.

We headed back to the fort for dinner. My brother in law was another no-show. I was very disappointed since i wanted to see him so bad. Maybe next time.

DSCN3546.jpg

DSCN3544.jpgAfter dinner we headed to the pool for a bit then down to the dock to watch the water pagent. It hasn’t changed a whole lot over the years and my sister even remembered some of it from the 70’s.

DSCN3540.jpgDSCN3539.jpg

Then we were off to bed. Tomorrow, our last day at Walt Disney World at the Magic Kingdom.

Enjoying your report. How nice was it to have a girls only vacation? Looks like everyone had a great time, except for Mom falling. :(

Glad that she was ok.

We came by your site a couple of times over Labor day, but no one was ever there. (Now I see why) It seems like you guys saw a lot before leaving for the cruise.

Personally, I like the pictures with the circle in them. Sometimes it's those "duh" moments that you remember the most.

Wow, I don't want to come off as a dirty old man, which BTW I am, but your daughter is something else. I know, it's off topic.

And I bet TCD was thinking the same thing.

Oh, great TR too.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, Lou, but I think I agree with you.

Truthfully though, I am a big fan of Grandma! I'm so sorry that she fell, and even more sorry that no one even asked if she was alright. I'm glad that she was. What a trooper!

I also love the smiling dolphins!

Looking forward to more!

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am back. I have been so busy that i just couldnt get back to finish my report. But, two sick days from work and i am starting to feel better so i thought i would get back to it.

Saturday Day eight Last Day Magic Kingdom

As usual, it was a late morning before we got out for the day. Heading back to the Magic Kingdom to finish up in tomorrow land. We stopped a the porch of Crockets Tavern for the usual porch photo. DSC00012-1.jpg

SAM_0057.jpg

DSCN3715.jpg

and of course the castle picture as well

I did manage to convince my sister to hold off on the shopping until we were done and it seemed to work.

We started out much to my daughters distress at Its a Small World. Nothing like having that song in your head all day long. This is her "How could you do this to me face"

DSC00007.jpg

We saw some characters.

SAM_0574.jpg

We stopped for the photo op at the sword in the stone. My daughter was first.

SAM_0625.jpg

Then mom

SAM_0627.jpg

And then lo and behold, looky what happened. It was very funny.

DSCN3796.jpg

We headed over to Tomorrow Land. Did most of the stuff there.

DSCN3723.jpgWe got done everything early so my sister could do her shopping. I got the Mickey Mouse icon watch I had been eyeing. My daughter wanted a purse she had seen at Hollywood studios but I couldn’t find it at the MK. We finished up fairly early and headed back to the fort for dinner. Before heading back to the 1600 loop I took a walk through the 400 and 500 loop looking for some fort fiends. I saw Doodles sign but no one was around. So I gave up and headed back to the trailer for dinner.

We decided to head back to the MK again for the parade and fireworks. Due to my sister’s slowness we got back too late to stake out a good spot for the parade. She also fell while getting off the boat and took a header into the railing. She was fine though. We were right on the corner at the beginning of main street. We were behind the cross walk and had people walking through and stopping in front of us throughout the entire parade. The cast member kept trying to move them along. My daughter got so aggravated that she yelled to move it (probably not that nice) and I thought the person she yelled to was going to come back and start a fight with her. Fortunately she moved along.

DSCN3813.jpgWe then watched wishes and the fireworks. I really wished I had gotten closer for wishes. I had never seen it before and couldn’t see it very well.

SAM_0677.jpg

We headed back to the fort to start packing and do laundry.

DSCN3885.jpg

We pooped mom out big time. She was a trooper and hung in there like a pro. She was going to need a vacation from our vacation,

I gave the leftover food to our next door neighbor. I hated to throw it out. We went to bed after the laundry was done. We had to be up for our pick up at 9:00 to head to the port.

Tomorrow the Disney Dream. We were all so excited. Hopefully i can get back her to work on the cruise portion of our trip.