From WDW Magic...

Two new tracks debut for 2011 at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Nov 22, 2011

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights opened this year with its biggest upgrade since moving to the Streets of America. We covered the technology changes in our round-up from opening night (view here), but since then we've found a few more additions. Two new dancing sequences are part of the show this year, along with all the favorites from previous years, giving a total of 8 dancing light sequences. The new tracks are "I Ain't Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas" by Relient K, which features as part of a "Prep and Landing" sequence for ABC Television, and as a tribute to Jennings Osborne, "Here Comes Santa Claus" by Elvis Presley. With the new tracks you need to spend at least an hour on the Streets of America to see each sequence.

We've got videos of the new sequences below.

Full listing of the 2011 dancing sequences.

Trans Siberian Orchestra - Mad Russian's Christmas

Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24

José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad

Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Arthur Fielder & the Boston Pops Orchestra

Jingle Bells - Barbra Streisand

Christmas Is Starting Now - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas - Relient K

Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis Presley

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Osborne-Family-Spectacle-of-Lights/News/22Nov2011-VIDEO---Two-new-tracks-debut-for-2011-at-the-Osborne-Family-Spectacle-of-Dancing-Lights.htm

Just a reminder. Here is a link to an article on how all this came to be. It has some neat pictures of the Arkansas setup also.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2011/11/27/how-the-osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights-made-its-way-from-arkansas-to-walt-disney-world.aspx

I've been fortunate to see the Osborne lights a few times already this season.

The canopy of what used to be all red lights on the side street is now souped-up with new lighting- and it is really something to see!

Also, they have added a bunch of hidden Mickeys.

I didn't realize the Relient K song was new, but the TCD twins noticed it, and made a comment about it.

We also liked the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy song. One of the twins used an app on her phone to get the title and artist, as we were all wondering.

The Phineas and Ferb stuff they did last year appears to be gone.

It may have been there before, and I never noticed it, but this year, we saw a flat-screen TV monitor that played a little video outlining the history of the Osborne family and how the lights came to WDW.

We love the Osborne lights, and this year they were better than ever!

TCD

It may have been there before, and I never noticed it, but this year, we saw a flat-screen TV monitor that played a little video outlining the history of the Osborne family and how the lights came to WDW.

According to the article I just linked, the TV monitor is new this year.

According to the article I just linked, the TV monitor is new this year.

Duh. I didn't read the article, I thought it was just about the history, which I thought I pretty much knew.

It's a good article, and I'm glad that we noticed the TV- it had a lot of good information and video from the past. I don't recall it mentioning anything about Jenning's death. I did not notice the single white angel, and I have never found the darn cat.

The article does not mention anything about the changes to the canopy of red lights, which apparently was an important feature to Jenning. You really need to see what they have done to it!

TCD

From today's Disney Parks blog...

‘Dancing Lights’ Shine Bright at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on November 29th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Each year, the cast and crew who maintain The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights – Presented by SYLVANIA at Disney’s Hollywood Studios work to make the holiday display bigger and better. For 2011, the display includes several technological advances as well as tributes to Jennings Osborne, the creator of this holiday spectacle, who passed away in July.

Something new to look for this year is the canopy of lights that hangs over part of the Streets of America. New RGB (red, blue, green) LEDs mean the canopy can now project millions of different color combinations.

Jennings Osborne was a big Elvis Presley fan, so in tribute, the King’s “Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)” is now one of the songs that makes those five million lights dance. To see another tribute, watch this video from Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights show director John Phelan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bot1RDX5uI&feature=player_embedded

Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for another video about the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, including the lowdown on Hidden Mickeys in the display – and one other hidden figure who secretly moves from place to place each year.

http://disneyparks.d...lywood-studios/

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this for the first time this year. Bob and I managed a quick four day get away, and decided to go to Hollywood Studios since it was some 46 degrees in florida that evening!..So much for a few days we planned to spend at the beach. LOL! It was actually warmer here in NY than it was in Florida that day. In any case...The lights were quite beautiful. Very nice crowd, it's continuous from dusk to closing. We were there for the initial lighting for the evening which was nice to see. After that we headed over to Epcot for the Candelight processional. Also enjoyable.

I saw this for the first time this year. Bob and I managed a quick four day get away, and decided to go to Hollywood Studios since it was some 46 degrees in florida that evening!..So much for a few days we planned to spend at the beach. LOL! It was actually warmer here in NY than it was in Florida that day. In any case...The lights were quite beautiful. Very nice crowd, it's continuous from dusk to closing. We were there for the initial lighting for the evening which was nice to see. After that we headed over to Epcot for the Candelight processional. Also enjoyable.

That's cool Auntie!!! Would really love to see a trip report or PICS!!!!!