• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, once the word gets out that internet is currently FREE, they're will likely be a run on those things and I can't imagine they had all that many to begin with.

The word is out, and they are running out of those things. I could not get one during our recent visit, although a CM helpfully offered to put me on the waiting list. Sure, folks get to keep them as long as they want for free. I'll bet that waiting list moves real fast.

TCD

We will be bringing an ipad with us. If we are lucky and able to get the WDWs cable modem, how does that work with the ipad? Will we need a special cable to attach the ipad to the modem? We have wireless at home. Unlike a computer, the ipad doesn't seem to have a way to connect a cable. So, we are unsure how that works? If we do need to pick up something, we would rather get it before we leave for our trip.

Will we need anything special?

Thanks!

Echo11

We will be bringing an ipad with us. If we are lucky and able to get the WDWs cable modem, how does that work with the ipad? Will we need a special cable to attach the ipad to the modem? We have wireless at home. Unlike a computer, the ipad doesn't seem to have a way to connect a cable. So, we are unsure how that works? If we do need to pick up something, we would rather get it before we leave for our trip.

Will we need anything special?

Thanks!

Echo11

What you will need is a wireless router. You attach that to the cable modem, then you pick up your internet signal off the wireless router just like you do at home.

Wow- that was a fast answer! Thanks!

Carol is awesome! :heartsmiley:

We have had so much trouble with our wireless router/ modem and Verizon at home that we would not want to bring it with us.

Any suggestions for brand/ type to purchase to bring with us?

We just bought a NetGear for home - needed something better than what we had when we got Tivo.

I'd have to check the model, but I think it's this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+N600+Wireless-N+Dual+Band+Router+with+4-port+Ethernet+Switch+and+USB+Port/1208844.p?id=1218234872989&skuId=1208844

We have it plugged in in an upstairs bedroom at one end of the house, and have no end getting the signal for th Tivo and laptop downstairs in the livingroom at the other end.

We got ours on sale for $70 but they had other models with lesser ranges that were cheaper.

And how cool would it be to carry your IPad around in one of these while you're at WDW?

http://www.fortfiend...hone-cases-fhf/

Go Lou - you salesman, you! :D