Thanks Jen! I've only ever seen YouTube videos of both these. I hope to see the New Years show some day.

Ain't no way in God's green earth you will catch me in Florida in July - at least not until they invent air conditioned suits in my size.

I have seen the all-around fireworks from the parties before - they're awesome.

Another cool perspective for these is top of Contemporary...

4160700621_0a14cccc1c_z.jpg?zz=1

Do they sell french press pots of coffee at Kona at 10pm? Cause that's the only way I can see staying awake that long. One for me and INC, and one for each of the kids.

Although I would really like to see them once.

They do.

Oh! Goody! We will get to see them this 4th of July!!!

Which location has the best?

It is rumored that the best location for both the 4th and New Years is at the Poly Beach. However, we missed the boat last night and I will post the pictures (they pipe the music in from MK) and it was really nice.

For any of the fireworks shows, other than being in the MK itself, the Polynesian beach is the best. If they do check resort IDs, the grassy knoll at the far end of the beach is the place to be. Same views, but the CMs do not wander that far to check your ID. For the special fireworks (4th of July/New Years) the EWP barges are parked directly in front of the beach and the sound track is played from it. For the 4th, they even used the lights on the barge as part of the show. A little something special you wont see from any other resort.

Firework Island in front of the Poly also has as a large speaker system on it.

Either they do not use them very often, or they suck. Ive been to the Polynesian beach hundreds of times for the fireworks, and without the barges, you can barely hear the soundtrack even sitting ontop of the speakers. We ussualy have wishes cued up on the phone or iPod and start it when the show starts so we have the soundtrack. Its a little off, but still you get same feeling.

One of the coolest things I have ever seen. At the Poly late 80’s for New Years a Firework on Firework island miss fired and caught the island on fire. It took about 15 minutes before the fire boats got there and put out the fire. We rented a boat the next day to see the damage. Disney over night painted all the trees and grass. Just Disney keeping the magic alive.

....but I also really enjoy the New Years fireworks when they count down to the new year with fireworks in numbers. If I can find the pictures from last year, I will link them.

I LOVE :heart: the New Year's fireworks!!! Every time we have gone, we find our spot right under Tink's wire and watch the numbers explode around us in all directions. Breathtaking!

Haven''t seen the NYE or 4th of July's at WDW yet but we checked out the Poly's firework's last night and at least I was disappointed. You do have a nice straight on view but I could barely hear the music and the Water parade was there at the same time so its music was not playing. I guess I really do like them best from the beach at FW. I prefer to hear the music even if I can't see every firework and I want to hear and see the water parade as well. Beside then you get 2 separate shows!

Haven''t seen the NYE or 4th of July's at WDW yet but we checked out the Poly's firework's last night and at least I was disappointed. You do have a nice straight on view but I could barely hear the music and the Water parade was there at the same time so its music was not playing. I guess I really do like them best from the beach at FW. I prefer to hear the music even if I can't see every firework and I want to hear and see the water parade as well. Beside then you get 2 separate shows!

That is weird. I have seen the firworks from the beach at the Polynesian hundreds of times and have never had the EWP going on at the same time. I mentioned in a TR I did about the soundtrack being low at the Polynesian, but if you get the right spot, it is not a problem. But you do have to be right next to one of the speakers. For the special firworks, that isnt a problem as the EWP barges play the soundtrack. Give it another try, you just had a bad night which does happen from time to time at WDW.