Hey guys.

Can any of you recommend a nice campground on the SC or GA coast? We have never been camping in that area and don't really know what is down there. What I am looking for:

*On or across the street from the beach

*Sites that can accommodate a big camper (ours is 36 ft)

*Prefer paved sites as opposed to sand but this isn't a deal breaker

Have any of you been to Pirate's Cove in Myrtle Beach? Thoughts on it if you have.

Thanks!

Holly,

Check out James Island County Park (Charleston, SC). It is not across the beach but is on the marshes. There is a water park for the kiddies and a GREAT dog park for well the pups.

Edisto Island State Park south of Charleston, has two section one beach front and one a littler further away. Edisto is a great getaway. The Island is half State Park and the rest residential without a hotel. So you are there to relax. There use to be a mini golf near the state park, not sure if it is there. But other than that basically all you have is the beach to entertain you.

Check out the TR from Jess regarding the Myrtle Beach Area.

I understand the Tybee area is nice.

We have stayed at both James Island Park and Myrtle Beach several times. If you are looking for something on the ocean I highly recommend Ocean Lakes RV Resort. James Island Park is pretty awesome too and you are just a short drive from all the historic sights that Charleston has to offer. :)

I did a TR on Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. Awesome campground ... our second home away from home ... but you don't want to be there June through August because it is SOOOOOOOOO busy.

I'll go find that. I saw another TR on OL earlier today.

And we were looking at the long weekend for July 4th. :(

A couple weeks ago we were at Myrtle Beach State Park campground. We've been to both Pirateland and Ocean Lakes, and we just love, love MB State Park. It's completely shady (maritime forest), quiet, peaceful, great pier...LOVE it. Might want to consider that, too! Have fun!

Will look at that now, thanks!

Have never been...but I've read that Pirate Land is CRAZY busy in the summer. Some people portray it as having wild packs of teens zooming everywhere on golf carts at all hours. Of course, if you replace "teens" with "Fiends" in that sentence, I could have described the Fort. :rofl3:

We stayed at Pirateland once and let me tell you everything you heard was absolutely true. Never again.