a tr from around the country--really it is. lol

Now that's a beautiful setup, but you really should have brought it back through here. I even swept off the driveway to give you a parking spot. :D

I'll forgive you if we can find a place to meet in the middle and drink around the campfire. We might even get some more Fiends into it, provided they don't all move out of the midwest before next summer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wednesday we go through Kansas City and Missouri. We see there is a restaurant called the “Toot Toot” and thought about daveintn. Lol We get into Iowa and finally Wisconsin. We had to stop for a

Thanks. I hope you get the camper you want some day. Once you have one-it's hard to be without. :) Thanks, Rita... I had to catch that photo! Just over 6,600 miles. I think we got out of the snowy

One thing I must say—if your folks are older and they are starting to hang with their siblings listen to their stories. Lol Omg-I never knew my mother skipped out of school. Yes, she said it was a nice day and her and a friend decided to walk back home. Mind you they lived on a farm outside of town. She said she won’t ever forget the bus going passed them – taking the kids back home and they had to duck down under a bridge. She did beat the bus home—lmao.

Now her twin goes and says—she did it so I did it too. But, I got caught!

One thing we knew was that they had swapped classes one day for tests. But, my mom also said she took a cooking class and would always embarrass her other sister. I said why?? Because the teacher would hand out all the ingredients for a recipe and her and her classmate would eat it all. Then they would say “we didn’t get any.” Lol Yes, this is my mother! Lmao.

Just too funny.. the things you learn. :)

Now that's a beautiful setup, but you really should have brought it back through here. I even swept off the driveway to give you a parking spot. :D

I'll forgive you if we can find a place to meet in the middle and drink around the campfire. We might even get some more Fiends into it, provided they don't all move out of the midwest before next summer.

I'm so glad you will forgive us. :whew:

I was hoping to stop by again. But, like I said had to add that second mission into the equation.. lol

I am hoping we will be able to do more camping this summer. I don't have a clue how work will be. Last summer we didn't work any weekends. Doesn't look good this year either--good for camping, bad for the pocket book. We will definitely have to try to get together, though.

So, come Monday we tell them we are heading out. Mom doesn’t believe us. We have to get home because Jeff has to work and it has been a long trip. Mission #2 has been a success and we have completed our Christmas Travels..well for the most part.

So, we get to Phoenix and call DH’s niece who lives there. We meet up with her and her phoenix family for dinner. I tried to get a hold of another friend but, she isn’t around so we missed her. It was great seeing his niece and knowing that she is taken care of by a great family there. She just up and moved when she was 19-ish. She didn't know anyone out there or have a job or place to live. It's good to see she has found folks that she can lean on if she needs to.

Tuesday we are driving hwy 54 from Amarillo to Kansas city.. really boring. We have no CDs in the truck and radio stations are few and far between. So, we start singing Red Solo Cup.. lol

What a great trip!!! Congrats on the new camper, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Thanks Denise.

Wow! What an adventure! This is a great read. What a dream trip...all around the country with no real agenda. And a new camper to boot!

We had such a good time. The world is beautiful out there. Thanks Dave. But, I did think about you at one point in this trip. It is coming up.. I am hoping to get this done tonight..

Wednesday we go through Kansas City and Missouri. We see there is a restaurant called the “Toot Toot” and thought about daveintn. Lol

PICT0117.jpg

We get into Iowa and finally Wisconsin. We had to stop for a nap before making the last 2 hours. When we got up it was pretty wet and we figured it would be icy.

We got into Madison and there were at least 3 cars spun out in the median. One was on its side and the other 2 people were standing outside the cars. We know better than to stop so we called 911. They were sending squads out. We got home and found out a guy fell from a bridge when he stopped to help a woman that had wiped out on the bridge. He told her to get it off the bridge because it was too dangerous. He somehow slipped on the ice covered edge and went into the river. I feel bad for not stopping to check on people but, I know what ice on highways can be like. The medics would be there soon enough.

When we got home our driveway was icy. Jeff had to put salt down before backing her into the garage. We let the dogs run around in the yard and unloaded the camper. Not much in it but, enough. We ate breakfast and took a nap. Then headed to Costco to re-load the fridge.

All in all I have to say it wasn't bad for a 13 day trip! I hope ya'll enjoy the travels with us. Like I said if you can head out West do it. It is gorgeous...

Now that my friends is a trip report! I could only dream that my wife and daughter would ever consider doing something like that.

How many miles did you guys drive for this "loop" around the country?

Mike and I did a trip like that one year. We just jumped in the MH and headed down I75. when we got to Knoxville we tossed a coin, East won and we ended up in Myrtle Beach. We didn't tell anybody where we were going or how long we would be gone. It was one of our best trips ever!

Awesome story, pics, and camper. That is one nice looking camper with a great floorplan. I would like to have one similar to that one day.

Thanks. I hope you get the camper you want some day. Once you have one-it's hard to be without. :)

Wow! Awesome trip and new camper!

Thanks, Rita...

Toot Toot....lol!

I had to catch that photo!

Now that my friends is a trip report! I could only dream that my wife and daughter would ever consider doing something like that.

How many miles did you guys drive for this "loop" around the country?

Just over 6,600 miles. I think we got out of the snowy states just in time. We stopped at one truck stop and a trucker was in there saying that the roads right now are "a truckers dream"... We couldn't agree more. :)

Mike and I did a trip like that one year. We just jumped in the MH and headed down I75. when we got to Knoxville we tossed a coin, East won and we ended up in Myrtle Beach. We didn't tell anybody where we were going or how long we would be gone. It was one of our best trips ever!

They really are some of the best trips...

I almost forget--we also broke in the truck over Christmas.

401120_2376285287364_1257543584_31977312_845902914_n-1.jpg

Yup-turned the 100.000 mile mark...woo hoo! We've had her from 0 to 100,000. This is probably the longest we have had a vehicle. She's been good to us and deserves a bath, oil change and tire rotation... Hope she enjoys it! :P

Love the new camper! I can't wait to see it in person. Any chance you will be going to the Fort in October?

BTW-great pictures!!!

Thanks Holly. We are definitely planning to be at the Fort over Halloween. But, I know you normally have to go early in the month. Maybe we can meet up on the way down or home?