WeCampHere.com... aka "Hey LilLisa!

First- everyone should be checking out this site. A lot of good info, and new ways to make use of it. It even has a good mobile app for Android.

Second, a question for Lisa. I'm cruising through the blogs looking at recipies, and found several that I want to try. The problem is remembering them. Is there a way to mark one as a favorite, or maybe "follow" it? That would make it easier to pull up the ones that I want to try. After all, it's a long time till camping season, and I'm too old to remember things that long.

I'm making the crockpot chicken and dumplings tonight.

That recipe sounded great Rob. Let me know how it turns out.

It worked out great, and it's a perfect thing for camping. Crock the cicken and soup all afternoon, then add the biscuits at the end for the dumplings. You can expand or contract the recipe to fit the number of people with ease. And just for you Dave (that's a lie, it's also for me), we decided that we should have bacon-wrapped the chicken, then cut it up when we cut up the chicken.

Everything goes better with bacon. :worship:

First- everyone should be checking out this site. A lot of good info, and new ways to make use of it. It even has a good mobile app for Android.

Second, a question for Lisa. I'm cruising through the blogs looking at recipies, and found several that I want to try. The problem is remembering them. Is there a way to mark one as a favorite, or maybe "follow" it? That would make it easier to pull up the ones that I want to try. After all, it's a long time till camping season, and I'm too old to remember things that long.

Thanks Rob!

It's just a vanilla blog, so other than saving a shortcut to your browser favorites, I don't think that there is a way to save things. There may be an addin, or it may be something that I could program in the future though.

I'm glad you liked the recipe. My niece has been doing the recipes for the last couple of months (we all know I can't cook ;) ), so I haven't tried this one personally. She said it is one of her faves though. She is a major bacon lover too, so I bet she will have to try your bacon modification.

Thanks Rob!

It's just a vanilla blog, so other than saving a shortcut to your browser favorites, I don't think that there is a way to save things. There may be an addin, or it may be something that I could program in the future though.

I'm glad you liked the recipe. My niece has been doing the recipes for the last couple of months (we all know I can't cook ;) ), so I haven't tried this one personally. She said it is one of her faves though. She is a major bacon lover too, so I bet she will have to try your bacon modification.

Hmmm, the short-cut idea would work. Maybe I'll try that, 'cause I saw several that I want to try.

Sounds delicious and easy! My mom makes killer chicken and dumplings but there's a lot more work that goes into hers.

I got a snazzy new crockpot for Christmas that I've already made osso bucco and "big game" chili (antelope, elk, buffalo, wild boar, venison), and short ribs are on the docket for tomorrow. But I definitely will put this on the list!

That sounds gooooood

I'm going to have to see if I can pull together some recipes to share. I put on over 40 pounds since getting married last century, so I speak from experience - the boss can cook!

Also, we have come to learn how to make some halfway decent gluten free recipes for our oldest, so those might be interesting to add. Some people have to avoid gluten, but we've learned that there are folks who avoid gluten more as a choice. After experimenting for a while, my wife discovered that a secret weapon for gluten free pancakes and waffles is to use real buttermilk. We're not talking health food, but it sure lights up the eyes in a 19 year old with celiac disease.

Maybe we can find some scouting recipes too.

Wonderful idea, Dan. My sister has to avoid gluten, and sometimes we are at a loss for ideas when taking food to a family event, or inviting her over here.