Like the idea of the kennel (although we'd need a TT with 3!) but dislike the suggestion that your pets should ride back there when you're traveling.

I have just one thing to say about that...

5927461933_38a45f0a0d_z.jpg

Under all that debris is where the dogs crates were in our camper when we had the accident.

(this is after it was turned back upright after landing on its side.)

ETA - thankfully our dogs were safely crated in our SUV and walked away without a scratch!

Are you allowed to have anything living riding in a travel trailer like that? I thought it was against the law in some states. Course, that is heresy and not me going to actually look at the laws.

I'm not sure what laws would preclude it. Horses ride in trailers afterall. I would NOT do it...I'm just talking from a legal standpoint. Laws against humans riding in trailers would not translate to animals. And yes, there are a lot of stupid people that wouldn't ever consider the heat or cold during extreme weather, much less the risk of an accident where the trailer rolls or disintegrates. Those things don't begin to have the structural integrity of a passenger vehicle.

someone i worked with was going to have their golden ride in the tt. his wife said--i am going to ride back there first to see what it would be like. so, she did. she went back there and he started driving. well, she didn't take her cell phone with her and when he finally got home---she got out and said NEVER!!! she won't ever let the dog or anyone else ever ride in that.. Lol

she couldn't call to tell him to stop--haha....