Long Weekend to Disneyland and San Diego Zoo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very cool tr, judy! loved seeing dl and ca. i can't remember when we were there the last time but, it has been a few yrs. makes me want to head back that way. that's one nice thing about living where we do. which way should we go? lol great pics!

Judy great trip report! We were at DL in 2001 over new years. We had the same weather, it drizzled and was hazy foggy the whole time we were there. We also stayed at the same hotel. It was very convenient and with 2 growing boys along it helped having McDonalds right there ;0.

Maybe some day we will get back that way.

If I were to go to Disney by myself, I would certainly consider Disneyland since I'm about half way in between. I would stay at the same hotel, too. It was affordable, convenient, and clean. Yes, it was wet; but, as long as one is dressed correctly, a little rain isn't bad. Now the 13 inches of rain we had at The Fort in October was a different story...

If I happen to win the One more Disney day trip, I'd pick DL. Thanks for the comparison! Looks like gloomy weather each day you were there though :(

Yes, but I gloomy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at work! :)

You can read more about the program here. Very interesting. http://blogs.sandiegozoo.org/2009/10/09/cheetah-and-dog-pals/ My current vacation theory is to take more frequent, short trips. It's been working so far. The next one is back to the Stanley Hotel in April to participate in a Ghost Hunters (the TV show guys) weekend. :banana:

Rachel my 11 year old loves that show. I think she watches that more than Disney now. I had told her you stayed at the Stanley before and showed her your pictures. You are like a superstar in her eyes.

Oh and I am loving this trip report!

• 2 weeks later...

The next one is back to the Stanley Hotel in April to participate in a Ghost Hunters (the TV show guys) weekend. :banana:

Judy, I just watched last weeks episode over the weekend. I'm sad to see Grant is leaving the show. He did say he had a few more cases coming up. Do you think you will get to see him?

Judy, I just watched last weeks episode over the weekend. I'm sad to see Grant is leaving the show. He did say he had a few more cases coming up. Do you think you will get to see him?

I saw that, too. Amy and Steve are on the agenda with Chip Coffee from Psychic Kids. Joyce and I think we saw Chip at Epcot having lunch in The Electric Umbrella. We are going to "think" EPCOT at him to see if he picks up on it.

I saw that, too. Amy and Steve are on the agenda with Chip Coffee from Psychic Kids. Joyce and I think we saw Chip at Epcot having lunch in The Electric Umbrella. We are going to "think" EPCOT at him to see if he picks up on it.

Oh I am SO jealous!! I can't wait to read that report.