Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA Kingsland GA / I95

This KOA is off Exit 1 of I95 in Georgia, just over the border from FLA.

We have stayed there many times and never had a problem getting a site later at night.

After hours check in, dog friendly, clean bathrooms, pull thru sites.  Easy on and off I95

It is an easy drive to FW the next day after an overnite at this KOA. Or a good first stop NB if you lingered at the Fort a little too long on your last day....  :)

http://koa.com/campgrounds/jacksonville/

Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA

2970 Scrubby Bluff RoadKingsland, GA 31548

:) :) :) :) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks - this is exactly what I needed! First time we'll be driving to the Fort from South Carolina where we'll be coming in on 95 instead of from Wisconsin where we always came in on 75. Leaves a nice easy drive for arrival day. (And plenty of time before our O'hana's reservation).

• 4 weeks later...

I'll second this one, nice place and convenient. We live in NC and make WDW trip to the fort a couple of times a year, we have used this one, leaves a short drive next morning for us. We have also used the Walterboro campground mentioned in other posts, Green Acres I believe. It to is convenient to I-95 and has late night check in booth with forms for credit card payment. Is older, but just overnighting is easy because they have large pull thru sites that we used to leave the trailer hooked up on and just hook up water and elect. Traveling now in Motorhome which may change the way we travel, will see next month on our second visit for this year. Looking forward to it.

I'll second this one, nice place and convenient. We live in NC and make WDW trip to the fort a couple of times a year, we have used this one, leaves a short drive next morning for us. We have also used the Walterboro campground mentioned in other posts, Green Acres I believe. It to is convenient to I-95 and has late night check in booth with forms for credit card payment. Is older, but just overnighting is easy because they have large pull thru sites that we used to leave the trailer hooked up on and just hook up water and elect. Traveling now in Motorhome which may change the way we travel, will see next month on our second visit for this year. Looking forward to it.

Just wanted to say welcome, and third the KOA thumbs up!

We live in Jacksonville, and stayed there for a weekend once to go to the crawfish festival in Kingsland. We weren't there much, but it suited us fine and my kids enjoyed the pool. Hosts are super nice and made breakfast one morning for everyone.

I would add to watch for ant piles and make sure you bring bug spray, it is GA and in the woods.

1st, Not KOA related, but we had a bad experience at the Hess/Wilco at exit one trying to dump our tanks a couple of years ago. I.e, the dump site was backing up and we couldn't finish, we finally hit the Luv South of Savannah. Since then, I've heard from a realiable source that exit had some issues with the water table being high and possibly with some water leakage into the fuel tanks. So just FYI. Hopefully it has been fixed.

2nd, Did someone say CRAWFISH? WHERE?

• 2 years later...

We have stayed at the Green Acres a couple of times, and agree that it is great for an overnight stop. Our challenge is that it seems to close to home to make this truly half way, so we have made reservations at the St Marys KOA for our upcoming trip down, and plan to stay at Green Acres on the way back.

1st, Not KOA related, but we had a bad experience at the Hess/Wilco at exit one trying to dump our tanks a couple of years ago. I.e, the dump site was backing up and we couldn't finish, we finally hit the Luv South of Savannah. Since then, I've heard from a realiable source that exit had some issues with the water table being high and possibly with some water leakage into the fuel tanks. So just FYI. Hopefully it has been fixed.

2nd, Did someone say CRAWFISH? WHERE?

Woodbine GA has a Crawfish festival.  They are at exit 14.

Only reason we know, is because our car engine blew on 95 and we got towed there years ago.

We got there the day after and all you could smell was decaying crawfish.

Luckily our relatives were traveling with us and he drove me back to the Jacksonville Airport to rent a car so we could continue our trip to NY.

Fun times.