newbie coming to the Fort dumb questions

We did the refill mugs when we stayed at the Lodge. It was easy to get to the Forks and the frig in the room wasn't all that big.

But this time, I am only getting one mug as a souvenir. We have one of those hugemongo sized 7 day coolers to keep our soda and water cold. Plan on making the grocery store run the first day we are there. Getting on the rented golf cart to go get a soda seems a little bit like too much work for me.

Unless you are going to either eat at the camper or do all quick service, you will probably want to get advance dining reservations ( ADRs). You attempt to walk up at the more popular sit downs they will usually be full or have long wait times. I know kids and a certain Grumpy RVer don't like just standing around at WDW. Do the math on the dining plan, it's a personal call. By the way Welcome and have FUN!!

To Mrstnbob,

I am renting Donnie's 5th wheel, he is so helpful and friendly. We met Judy at the Fort at Christmas and she is taking care of our Rez and told us about Donnie. And told us about Fort Fiends. We have talked for years about buying a RV and when we met Judy we thought it would be great way to find out if the RV lifestyle is for us. So far everyone we met/talked to is so nice and helpful that I can't wait to get there and visit with some fellow foetfiender's.

Say no more, you are in good hands. Now enjoy your vacation and hope to someday meet you at the Fort.

Didn't know where to ask? So i'm asking it hear. We are renting an RV for our next trip and had a few questions. We are staying at Fort Wilderness campground for the first time.

1. Is there a quick service food type court like at the AS resorts and others? Can't find any if there is one.

2. Can you get the dining plan there and is it worth it.

3. Can we get a refillable resort mug and where can we use it, is it worth it?

4. Whats the best way to get to the MK from there? Bus or Boat?

5. Where would you recommend renting a pontoon from? At FW marina, Poly, Contemp, or GF?

forgot to ask, when is your next trip?

Roaring Forks, at the Wilderness Lodge, is just a boat-ride away, however.

This Stef agrees with above Steph. :)) Roaring Forks has some great counter service food. We always make at least one trip over there.