Need help from the locals or FLoridians....

or really anyone that has stayed at a campground that either has a beach or is near the beach.

I talked DH into a 10 day stay at FW in May but aftewards we want to hit a beach for a few days.

We've stayed at Destin and at Top Sail and loved it...just not sure I want to drive that far after being at Disney (even though we have to drive North to get home). I don't like Henderson Beach State park at all so that's out of the question.

I know someone mentioned a place near Tampa I believe but that the sites are hard for 5th wheels or Motorhomes to get in.

Any help will be greatly appreicated!

Since you'll be at the fort, Jetty Park at Port Canaveral is only about an hour to the east. While it's not a five star campground, they are currently making improvements. You have the beach a short walk from your campsite, a fishing pier, a very nice pavilion with snack bar, and depending on which days you'll be there, you can watch the cruise ships leave port. You can access the campground site from the main Port Canaveral website. Reservations can be made 45 days in advance and they don't charge your card until you get there.

I'll be there sometime in May myself.

or really anyone that has stayed at a campground that either has a beach or is near the beach.

I talked DH into a 10 day stay at FW in May but aftewards we want to hit a beach for a few days.

We've stayed at Destin and at Top Sail and loved it...just not sure I want to drive that far after being at Disney (even though we have to drive North to get home). I don't like Henderson Beach State park at all so that's out of the question.

I know someone mentioned a place near Tampa I believe but that the sites are hard for 5th wheels or Motorhomes to get in.

Any help will be greatly appreicated!

Just wondering what was wrong with Henderson state park? We were thinking of going there. We have stayed in a condo in Destin and liked it. So were thinking of taking our camper to Henderson. But not if it's a bad place to go.

I also want to mention St Andrews State Park. It has access to bay or gulf. It is in Panama City, if you want more access to restaurants and those touristy kind of things, like mini golf, go carts etc.

Here is a link to the Panhandle State parks!

http://www.floridastateparks.org/findapark/district-northwest.cfm

Just wondering what was wrong with Henderson state park? We were thinking of going there. We have stayed in a condo in Destin and liked it. So were thinking of taking our camper to Henderson. But not if it's a bad place to go.

I'm curious about this to! Hendserson is clean and nice. It just doesn't have the amenities that TopSail has. Top Sail has a pool and a trolly that takes you to the beach.

Henderson is closer to Destin and Top Sail is off 30A and closer to San Destin. Both are great parks a walk to the beach. Grayton beach would be off 30A as well and closer to Panama City.

Actually Grayton is spitting distance from Seaside. That's why we chose it for our DD's stay at 4H summer camp. We are mucho frugal and could stay at $26 night vs. having to sell our souls and stay in Seaside. We got all the fun at about 1/4 the price.

We checked out Henderson as well. It is nice and in the middle of all the action but we preferred Grayton since we had to stay a week and didn't want to have just partial hookups.

They must of let it over grow again. We used to take our 37' MH.But we haven't been there in a couple of yrs.

Don't know if that's the reason or maybe the sites have to be reconfigured for the 40 plus MHs.

I think I can probably drive a big rig as well as the next guy, but I ended up with some light scratches after battling to back in our MH into the site.