That is an interesting article, Monique.

I had not heard that guests will be able to use smartphones to get Fastpasses.

The Mobile Magic ap for iphones just became available in February.

So far, the TCD gang is not impressed. Like the blogger, our experience has been that the information is often wrong or not updated. If that is the case, what good is it?

I suspect that they will continue to work on this, though, as an ap like this has a lot of potential. For now, though, it isn't real helpful.

TCD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I'm hearing of the smartphones aspect of this too.

That alone is problematic - outside of the issues with the Mobile Magic App. With no WiFi in the parks, depending on what coverage you have, you may not be able to even get a decent enough signal to use your smart phone IF you even have one.

I'm just hoping they vet all this REALLY well before rolling it out so it doesn't turn into a monstrous mess.

hey, a girl can dream.... :rofl2:

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... sounds like the work continues towards the new NextGen Fastpass system. These were in the construction notes from MousePlanet this week...

• Disney's Animal Kingdom Kilimanjaro Safaris – queue modifications.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Primeval Whirl – queue modifications.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom It's Tough to Be a Bug – queue modifications.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Dinosaur – queue modifications.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9951/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

Is all this necessary? Whatever happened to just buying a ticket and enjoying the park? Several years ago they made the system such that you need to decide what you want to eat 180 days in advance. Recently they started rolling out similar systems for character interactions. Next thing you know, they will move toward a park experience where I will have to reserve a urinal in June to pee at Animal Kingdom in December. I better decide now how much coffee I plan on drinking at Trails End that morning.

Is all this necessary? Whatever happened to just buying a ticket and enjoying the park? Several years ago they made the system such that you need to decide what you want to eat 180 days in advance. Recently they started rolling out similar systems for character interactions. Next thing you know, they will move toward a park experience where I will have to reserve a urinal in June to pee at Animal Kingdom in December. I better decide now how much coffee I plan on drinking at Trails End that morning.

You had better stay in a deluxe resort then because those people will be able to reserve up to 5 urinal stops a day. Moderates will get you 4 and value resorts will buy you 2 pees a day. Trailer trash campground people will be directed to a nearby bush.

Next thing you know, they will move toward a park experience where I will have to reserve a urinal in June to pee at Animal Kingdom in December. I better decide now how much coffee I plan on drinking at Trails End that morning.

Can I share your urinal if I promise not to smoke or flush it if your not ready. I will also let you have the urinal cake if you want.

It appears there will be no Hoop De Doo until January 1, 2013 for all of us who will be at Disney in December,

Don't fret just yet, Judy. There still doesn't seem to be official confirmation of this... or ANY real info from a credible source.

Keeping eyes and ears open. If anyone runs across something, please share.