Thousand Trails...is this good or bad???

Hi all. Wanted to ask if anyone has any information on membership to Thousand Trails. We currently have DVC and use it mostly for the Fort. We would like to spend more time in Florida during the winter months, and we don't have enough points to do that. Thousand Trails is offering $499 membership, which gives you 30 days camping for free, then you pay $3 per night thereafter. I spoke with a membership agent yesterday, and her pressure tactics over the phone were obnoxious. She claims that there are no other fees and that's all I would pay. I don't necessarily believe that. I looked online, and their website, and I find no contract information, or renewal amounts, etc. Anyone have the low down on them. It seems like a way too good to be true deal. Is this place for real or not. Thanks.

That is called a Zone Pass and you buy it for the area you would like to camp, I think that it is not a bad deal even when you have to pay after your 30 days. We are members with a life time membership and do like their parks, what's nice is if you do not like it after the year just walk away.

We stayed at the one near WDW for a free introductory weekend.

The campground was nice enough and of course we had to listen to the sales pitch. As we had no intention of buying from the beginning, we didn't fall for it.

My sense is that if you're going to RV a lot and are going to spend the money anyway, it might be justifiable.

I do know someone that has it and they seem to be ok with it.

This only works if the campgrounds in your Zone are the ones you want to be camping in. If you plan on going where there aren't TT campgrounds, there is no point in the contract.

My sister has the Zone pass. She likes it because she likes the campgrounds available to her in her zone.

I don't plan on camping where they have campgrounds, so it would not work for me.

They have opened up the TT near me so that non members can now stay there. See if your local one is like that and go spend the night. See if it is the kind of camping you want to do.

\

Which one are you near we were at the one near Wilmington last year and enjoyed our stay, the other one near Geneva On the Lake is nice also.

Maybe. I don't have any experience with this membership but the keys are 1. The cost vs. how much you will use it, 2. Location - goes to how much you will use it, 3. How much of a planner you are. My parents membership they plan out where they are going to be about 60 to 90 days out. If you do last minute you might not be able to get in. My two cents might be worth one cent or less.

We are about 20 minutes from the one in Wilmington, and you?

Because it is so close, it wasn't really worth investing in. Might as well park it in driveway. LOL

DH is more interested in State Park camping and I'm viewing the trailer more as a hotel room on wheels for longer vacations. TT didn't have any grounds near the places we want to visit in the immediate future [2-3 years]. This may of course change if we actually ever get out and camp. LOL :rofl2:

We are about 20 minutes from the one in Wilmington, and you?

Because it is so close, it wasn't really worth investing in. Might as well park it in driveway. LOL

DH is more interested in State Park camping and I'm viewing the trailer more as a hotel room on wheels for longer vacations. TT didn't have any grounds near the places we want to visit in the immediate future [2-3 years]. This may of course change if we actually ever get out and camp. LOL :rofl2:

We are from Delaware but we stayed there last July, we liked the area very much, found a good place for pizza in town and got to go to the flea market right at the exit, Also checked out the state park near there looks very nice with a huge lake, saw alot of weekend boaters. We were there when they had a bad wind storm and we actually left the camper for better shelter that night. We do plan to visit there agian in the future.

First off - WELCOME!!!

I have also been considering joining TT to make trveling the country full time with my children more doable - the information out there says check e-bay for a membership before buying a new one.

Good luck!

I can fill you in on any info on TT at Easter in Gettysburg as we are members and like what we have, you just have to learn how to use it to your advantage.

Hi all. Wanted to ask if anyone has any information on membership to Thousand Trails. We currently have DVC and use it mostly for the Fort. We would like to spend more time in Florida during the winter months, and we don't have enough points to do that. Thousand Trails is offering $499 membership, which gives you 30 days camping for free, then you pay $3 per night thereafter. I spoke with a membership agent yesterday, and her pressure tactics over the phone were obnoxious. She claims that there are no other fees and that's all I would pay. I don't necessarily believe that. I looked online, and their website, and I find no contract information, or renewal amounts, etc. Anyone have the low down on them. It seems like a way too good to be true deal. Is this place for real or not. Thanks.

If you are just wanting to spend more time in Florida look into Grand Lake Resort in the Ocala area. We stayed there and Thousand Trails and Grand Lake was way nicer. We also have a friend that has stayed at Grand Lake for an extended time for a few years now and loves it. They have alot to offer, much more than Thousand Trails.