Anybody ever had insurance total their rv?

Whew. I am glad to hear that they did drop the underbelly. Husband couldn't understand why they wouldn't do that either.

I am also glad that this is the outcome that you wanted - to keep your current trailer.

Hope they either scare that critter away, on their property, or catch it.

Will be looking on Wednesday for an update.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the pictures of your damage in your other post. First let me say I didn't see $4500 but I'm guessing there was more than pictured. Also it was mentioned about poison I wouldn't hesitate to throw a handful of the rodent blocks into the underbelly. I put several in places when making structural repairs with my MH. More than likely nothing will ever eat them but would rather look for a dead rodent than have one eat up my MH and food again.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on it. They called Friday to get my copies of my receipts for a couple of the bigger non-stock items that were damaged for the supplimentary estimate. Called service manager yesterday and left a message. Waiting on a call-back now. Should be ready in plenty of time for Easter GG though...

Didn't hear back from service writer today but he did have the office guy call me with email address to send stuff over. Same person I talked to the first time and his communication skills haven't increased any. Oh well, it what it is. Said the water/elec are done. They're still waiting on some pieces to come in and then we'll be finished. Supposed to hear from them again Friday with an update. Hopefully it'll be good news.

Asked him if they knew how the insurance was handling it - a check to me/them/both of us - and he had no clue. Guess I'll have to call the adjuster tomorrow to ask about it b/c they charge way too much storage fee to wait around after it's done...

I didnt read all of the posts, but I have had a camper totalled. It was actually simpler than I thought. Of course this depends on your coverage. I had full replacement through progressive. The adjuster showed up, did an assessment and called back 2 days later that the camper was totalled. He then gave us the option to take a cash settlement, or receive a brand new camper. We shopped around for about two weeks and then went with the new camper. We informed him of our decision and we had a brand new camper delivered from keystone to lazy days tampa and they offered to deliver it or have us drive over and pick it up. We decided to pick it up ourselves and turn it into a impromptu camping trip. The insurance company actually paid mileage and two nights lodging. we were stressed about the whole ordeal but they made it super simple. the only hard part was moving are stuff from one camper to the next