Mo gets the credit here, I gave her very little info because I only fish at the fort for the most part and know very little about fishing in the first place. With that said it would be good if someone , anyone had some professional or semi professional information on how to catch fish. I fish at the fort for some alone relaxation time although I love to have company while I stand on the secret dock and wet a line. I watch people do all sorts of things and walk away after a few casts and I see people who throw a line in and right away make a nice catch.

I've never been big on pictures but believe me there are some huge fish in that pond. I have been there and caught some huge catfish and some huge bass from the time I dropped my first line, other times I stood there for hours and got nibbles but never a good bite, its all good. They have a feeder in the pond but I don't know how often they use it but a fellow fisherman who got up earlier than me said he saw it go off one morning so apparently they do use it.

As far as bait goes we always get a GAG the first day we are there and I save the skin and collect as much as I can from fellow fiends and use that, Its the breading not the skin itself that they like, I have had good luck with the chicken skin. Hot dogs actually work better but they are a pain in the butt to keep on the hook, next time I go I am going to get some bread and make some dough balls to try just for giggles. Like I said, I am not a real fisherman, I never study up on fishing so I have no ideas about lures and such, I just know that I see people all the time out there casting lures and getting nothing. As Mo put in the info page, the bike barn sells worms, expensive worms, I think it works out to about $1 a worm or more. Every trip I always come away with a container or two of these magic worms when people buy them for their little one, let him fish for a half hour and ask if I want the worms.

Its always fun to be out on the secret dock and have the little ones come out and be so excited to throw that line in the water, it is even more fun to watch them catch a fish. They get the fish in and mom takes the picture then the silence comes over them.....ahhh...."how do we get the fish off the line?" "Well I'M not touchin it!" "YUCK" I couldn't tell ya how many fish I have taken off the hook for people, even the some older people who liked the idea but never thought out the result.

I know Dave has some pictures of his beautiful daughters catching some nice ones.

Here is one my little buddy caught, this is Ty my GS

HPIM1482.jpg

Here is one my other little buddy caught, this is CJ, Jen and Chris' son for those that don't know

HPIM1736.jpg

and for those that don't believe there are gators at the fort.......well here ya are, you can see my line in his mouth to the left of the picture

HPIM1489.jpg

HPIM1486.jpg

and here is one of those catfish, not the biggest but the only one I have a picture of caught by our site neighbor

HPIM1740.jpg

and we all know this guy, the proud fisherman

HPIM1691.jpg