Watch Out Monorails, Cool Looking Buses Are Coming.

if you park that bus in a front end spot can they be backed up to get out?

You're probably thinking that I'm smarter than I really am and know what the heck you're talking about, but I'm not and don't.

What's a front end spot?

But just dealing with backing up in general with a WDW bus, you're not supposed to put yourself in situation that requires backing up, and if you do, we're supposed to have a spotter at all times, ya right.

How will the Elite drivers you spoke of handle this task?

They'll have to ask one of us non-elite drivers to do it for them.

I though there was spots kind of on a angle where you would pull in forward and then have to back up a few feet to get out. I was not sure how the buses back up being like a trailer. I drive tractor trailer and know how they work they work just not sure what the buses were like. I also figured Disney would not their drivers backing more then needed.

I though there was spots kind of on a angle where you would pull in forward and then have to back up a few feet to get out.

Ok, now I understand what you're saying.

No, there aren't any bus stops where the bus has to back up to get out unless an idiot driver, and there are many of them, doesn't pull in to where they're supposed to. It does happen, but it's extremly rare.

They should paint them to look like a monorail! :rofl2:

That's what I was thinking. that's the way you make a bus a look cool--make it look like a monorail! :)

How much change will it take to get those busses to work at the existing bus stops?

They should paint them to look like a monorail!

The Monocraft paint scheme consists mainly of a colored stripe along the side, that's it.

That wouldn't have much of a visual effect if it were done to the buses because the newer buses have very little area for graphics due to the large windows.

How much change will it take to get those buses to work at the existing bus stops?

It's not known if they will use the articulated buses yet, but If they do, I think the current bus stops will work. However I don't know if they'll be able to make all the turns at the value resorts.

From WDW Magic. Bolding is mine...

Disney testing articulated 112 person capacity busses for resort guest transportation

Mar 09, 2012

Remember when Disney tested the "bendy super busses" back in the early 90's? Well they are giving it another go, this time using the Nova Bus LFS Artic. The 62ft long, articulating 3 axle bus is capable of carrying up to 112 passengers. Disney Transport will be testing the bus throughout March and into mid-April of this year, with a view to using this type of bus on high volume routes between the parks and value/moderate resorts.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportation/Bus-Transportation/News/09Mar2012-Disney-testing-articulated-112-person-capacity-busses-for-resort-guest-transportation.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the articulated bus.

It's being tested on the Pop Century to MK route.

The bus stops at MK have been changed to accommodate it.

Because it's so big, it takes two CMs to operate it, a driver and someone in the rear section to manage the boarding and exiting process.

Update on the articulated bus.

It's being tested on the Pop Century to MK route.

The bus stops at MK have been changed to accommodate it.

Because it's so big, it takes two CMs to operate it, a driver and someone in the rear section to manage the boarding and exiting process.

WOW....wouldn't want either job on that bus. The people that want to squeeze on whether it's in the front or back definitely would get on my last nerve.

I'm guessing there were just being tested and failed the test.

Lou I found out Disney stopped using them for guest and started using them for moving around cast members. Now after removing the seats they are used to move mouse keeping carts.Thats what they looked like when I frist saw them mouse keeping trailers with windows and seats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...