Watch Out Monorails, Cool Looking Buses Are Coming.

Ok for you weirdos that go ga-ga over the Monorails even though they break down, stink inside, travel at a snails pace, and only transport a tiny percentage of the people at WDW, but they do look cool, does this do anything for you?

Disney is training a small number of drivers in order to test the viability of articulated buses. They look pretty cool.

If you've been in the Orlando area within the last year or so, you may have seen the Orlando transit version of those buses.

The articulated bus being tested doesn't have any markings as it's a loaner. As I haven't seen one yet, I don't know what they look like. The photo below is a generic model.

They will be used at the value resorts during peak times if Disney does decide to add them to the fleet, The numbers will be small as they are very expensive.

So monorails, your days are numbered. Look out for the cool looking buses.

ArtBus.jpg

Looks cool Lou! The only thing that would make it look better is if you were driving it.

What ever happened to the "green" buses that they tried at the Fort?

Looks cool Lou! The only thing that would make it look better is if you were driving it.

As I don't get the chance to kiss enough butt, I won't be behind the wheel of one of those.

Probably only the elite career drivers will be trained.

You know, the ones that you can't understand what their saying, the ones that go 15 mph under the speed limit, the ones that shuffle or waddle along, the ones that can't get a job anywhere else.

What ever happened to the "green" buses that they tried at the Fort?

Like every other "green" crack pot idea, it failed miserably. You won't be seeing those.

They do look pretty cool. With a neat paint job, they could be cooler than the monorail.

Can you imaging how happy the folks who are waiting in line at the parks will be when they see one of these pulling up? More people on, less time waiting in line. And how jealous the folks waiting for other resort buses will be?

How come the value resorts get the cool bus? I paid lots of money to stay deluxe. I should get the cool bus. :rofl2: Oh yes, I can hear it now.

As I don't get the chance to kiss enough butt, I won't be behind the wheel of one of those.

Probably only the elite career drivers will be trained.

You know, the ones that you can't understand what their saying, the ones that go 15 mph under the speed limit, the ones that shuffle or waddle along, the ones that can't get a job anywhere else.

And ARE you really feeling bad about that? Those busses just mean a LONGER walk for the driver, to the back of the bus when helping with wheel chairs, etc......

And will the busses have two sets of doors or just just the current two?

I can hear it now "kindly move to the back of the bus so I can load more people". "No not the back of the front bus, the back of the back bus.....NOW dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Stopped by where the bus is being kept and got to check it out. This is not a photo of the actual bus I saw. I got it off the INTERNET, but it is the correct bus.

It's not anywhere near as cool looking as the first photo though. And I don't know if this is the only model being tested or if other companies will be as well. I hope so because this company's buses, which some of you will recognize, Prevost, are already being used at WDW and no one likes them. I'm surprised that they are even in the running.

NovaBus.jpg

The army used to transport large numbers of people in what they called cattle cars. They were semis that looked like cattle trucks. They could really pack us in. Maybe Disney could get some and paint Donald on the side.