What type of campground do you prefer?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When not at Disney, what type of CG do you prefer?

• State or local park
    • Federal park (COE, national park or forest, etc)
    • KOA
    • Themed private park (Jellystone, etc)
    • Other non-themed private park
    • BLM, or other type of boondocking area

If we're travelling and not familiar with any campgrounds in the area, we prefer KOA's. We have never found a "bad" one.

Some local mom-and-pop campgrounds have told us they would have a site for our big 5er to fit in, but we have arrived to find that to be less than accurate.

We have also found some that are almost impossible to maneuver in, and, shall we say, less than clean.

I just feel safer making "blind" reservations at a KOA. They are always clean, friendly, and easy to navigate.

I'm a big state park fan! I like the fact that you make a reservation for a site so you know what size your getting before you get there. Since I have a difficult time backing up I book a pull through close to the bath house. I like the price as well. We have some really nice State Parks in Florida!

almost a year on the road and we have never stayed in a national park

the one BLM we looked into was a scary scary place

state parks are ok

non disney themed ones are ok

city parks are sometimes ok but it depends on the city and location of park

we usually spend most of our time in regular private parks

we usually stay in a campsite that has a good rating, in a safe area, with reliable aircard access, and full hookups.. so it's kinda hard to vote on one.

I'm with Kelly, can't vote. It all depends on where, as we travel we use an assortment of KOA's as well as private parks. There is such a wide variety of "quality" destination parks all across the country that we use just about all categories except FED and COE. We avoid the FED and COE since they normally have very limited facilities.