Being at the Fort has inspired you to ...

Pop Century :barf:

When they first started the destination specific music on the buses, we were staying in Pop Century in Sept 2007. The drivers were not turning off the music yet, so I heard the Pop Century music waaaay more than I care for!!!

I noticed on the next trip most of the time, the length of drive music was cut off, and only the "when I got close to my destination" music came on.

Pop Century :barf:

When they first started the destination specific music on the buses, we were staying in Pop Century in Sept 2007. The drivers were not turning off the music yet, so I heard the Pop Century music waaaay more than I care for!!!

I'm surprised Carol. It's mostly 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s Pop/Rock. Early Rock to Disco, and some Country. Something for every one.

I noticed on the next trip most of the time, the length of drive music was cut off, and only the "when I got close to my destination" music came on.

The destination music can't fluctuate during the trip. It's either on or off. It can't be changed on the fly because the system locks out the driver if the bus is moving over 5mph, plus you have to go to multiple screens in order to do it.

Drivers either turn it off and leave it off for their shift, leave it on, or like me, turn certain destinations off.

It would help if Disney changed the songs once in a while. It hasn't been updated in at least 4 years.

I'd have to say our first trip camping at the Fort really did inspire us to get into camping for real!

Long story, but we were looking for a piece of land in Maine that we were going to plunk a TT on. We found the TT first and when we finally found the land, it already had a camp on it!

So we decided - what the heck, let's at least use the TT a little this fall before we sell it in the spring. We camped locally a couple of times, but the biggie was 2 weeks at the Fort.

We were pretty much hooked!

We still sold the TT in the spring, and after that bought a van camper that we used locally for a year. When the next spring rolled around we decided 2 things... we wanted a REAL camper and we wanted to go back to the Fort.

We bought our hybrid that summer and took it to FW for 2 weeks. Before our trip was finished we were trying to figure out how to do 3 weeks the following year and we've been going for 3 weeks the past 6 years.

But really it comes down to what camping and the Fort have inspired us to do...

SLOW DOWN! Enjoy each other, our pups, and all our wonderful camping FrIENDS. Being at the Fort and WDW in general has also made me slow down and notice/appreciate the little things... everything from the attention to detail in everything WDW does to the beauty and tranquility of the Fort.

(sigh)

I'm surprised Carol. It's mostly 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s Pop/Rock. Early Rock to Disco, and some Country. Something for every one.

The destination music can't fluctuate during the trip. It's either on or off. It can't be changed on the fly because the system locks out the driver if the bus is moving over 5mph, plus you have to go to multiple screens in order to do it.

Drivers either turn it off and leave it off for their shift, leave it on, or like me, turn certain destinations off.

It would help if Disney changed the songs once in a while. It hasn't been updated in at least 4 years.

OK, maybe I'm hearing things, but there is some certain soundtrack that plays depending on where you are going, then right as you arrive (and maybe it's only the parks), some different music pops on and announces you are about to arrive, and to please stay seated until the bus stops (or something like that). Lots of times the travel music is off, but then the arrival spiel pops on.

OK, maybe I'm hearing things, but there is some certain soundtrack that plays depending on where you are going, then right as you arrive (and maybe it's only the parks), some different music pops on and announces you are about to arrive, and to please stay seated until the bus stops (or something like that). Lots of times the travel music is off, but then the arrival spiel pops on.

Oh that. It's the park arrival announcement.

It could be dead quiet if the destination music is turned off to whatever park you're headed for, and all off a sudden this very loud and sometimes annoying music comes on with the loud mouth announcer saying things that you already know. Like take your kids with you.

Those announcements are on a different track than the background music so turning off the music doesn't turn off loud mouth. It's a very complicated system.

Ok now I can tell you what the fort inspired me to do, so of you have heard this (so don't read it LOL). When I married Bitchy he said he thought we should get a motorhome, his DB had one and he loved it (I didn't want to be like by sister-in-law and I am not). I told him he married the WRONG woman. My idea of vacation was not cooking and cleaning, I wanted to be waited on.

We used to come to Orlando for a golf show every year and one year his DB brought the MH and stayed at the fort. Well I fell in love with the fort. So soon after we brought our 1st MH. I thought every CG was like the fort. HA HA joke was on me. 1st place we stayed was someplace in West Palm Beach, I was afraid to come out of the MH the place was so bad.

We learned that the fort was our fav place, we also learned how to pick better CG.

We have had 7 units since then and have been camping at the fort for 32 years, I love it more now. For years we camped alone, (my family thinks we are nuts) we met people along the way, but never like the Fiends, that has even made the fort more special for us, because now we share it with people WHO GET IT.

Spend most of my time planning or getting ready for trips to the Fort. Of course, since I found FF.Net I also spend a lot of time being inspired by Lou (around here we refer to him as "Mr. Warm & Fuzzy")

...save seeds from an orange from a tree near our site...took them home, planted and cared for them (In MICHIGAN!) for over a year. Now, the little saplings wait patiently to return to the fort with us this Christmas....

...oh yeah, AND...the fort inspired my DH to bring home an anole found in a crate that was shipped to his work in January (to, yup, MICHIGAN!)...enjoying her new tank, warming light, and food, our little "Belle" patiently counts down the days until she gets to enjoy retirement years at the fort...